River Plate This Friday

Alex_H

Registered
Hi guys,

we have some friends out this week and we wanted to catch the River Game.

Is anyone else going? It would be great to tag along with someone who's done it before/knows where to sit and how to buy tickets etc.

Otherwise could someone walk me through how I should go about it? Can I just buy tickets at the door - are there any things we shouldn't do (like sit in Row X as thats where the barra bravas hang out....?)

Thanks in advance!

can't help you much here... only been there for concerts.
the seats are not numbered (in row)
but i think the prices are different for sections.

The game is actually Saturday not Friday. I have been to many games before and I will hopefully be going with my wife. I say hopefully because it is not yet known if tickets will be sold to the general public. For the last several games tickets have only been available for socios (club members) because government officials have limited the number of people allowed in the stadium for security reasons. According to team officials it is very likely tickets will be sold the general public for this week's game but as with everything in Argentina you never know. If they are sold they will probably go on sale Wednesday or Thursday. Because it would be the first home game since May with public tickets available there will probably be very high demand and might sell out. The way I bought tickets last season was through their internet reservation system. You have to reserve your tickets online and then go to the box office at the stadium to pick them up.

It has been announced that the stadium has been approved by the city for it's full capacity for this game, so there will probably be tickets sold to the public but it is not yet known when they will go on sale. However, because Saturday is the swearing in of Cristina for her second term, games scheduled for Saturday have been moved. The River Plate game will now be played Sunday at 9:15 pm.

What a bummer - they fly Sunday. Are there any other games scheduled for Friday or Saturday that you could recommend or has the CFK sign in a stop to all sports those days?

There are no games on Friday and the only games Saturday in Capital are Argentinos Juniors vs Olimpo (1st division) and Atlanta vs Ferro (2nd division). Most games were moved to Sunday and Monday.

Back