Road Cycling - routes, cycling clubs and bikes around Baires..

JonnynJuli

Registered
Hello everyone, I joined the forum today. Great to be on board! I am training for a long distance cycle event in Europe next Summer (June) and will be spending lots of time in Buenos Aires between now and then. Can anyone recommend any good, safe long distance (50k +) routes? I dont’t mind heading outside the city. Are there any good cycling clubs I might join? I’d also like to find a decent road bike in BA.

The majority of the serious cyclists in Buenos Aires, train at KDT circuit de ciclismo it's behind Paseo al corte shopping. It's a 1.3 kilometer enclosed loop with NO CARS. Most popular days are Tuesday and Thursday mid day and after 6 Saturdays and Sundays before 1:00 are the most popular times. You can connect with people there that do group rides on the feeder street to the Pan Americano highway. They lose a Cyclist every year or so

The majority of the serious cyclists in Buenos Aires, train at KDT circuit de ciclismo it's behind Paseo al corte shopping. It's a 1.3 kilometer enclosed loop with NO CARS. Most popular days are Tuesday and Thursday mid day and after 6 Saturdays and Sundays before 1:00 are the most popular times. You can connect with people there that do group rides on the feeder street to the Pan Americano highway. They lose a Cyclist every year or so

you will pay dearly for a decent road bike in Argentina either new or second hand (https://www.bikepoint.com.ar/). if possible bringing one with you on a plane from abroad is a much better option. For road cycling I have never felt safe on roads around BA due to the volume of trucks and dangerous driving. some groups of cyclists even go out on the motorway (some collectoras would not be suitable for road tyres). In zona norte, there are loops of the barrio cerrados in pilar del este, nordelta etc but you will get bored of these quickly. cycling by yourself is not recommended due to robbery of bikes. I compromise and go on xc mtb on the dirt/gravel roads in the campo which are quiet.

Strava heat maps will show you the roads most transited by cyclists with strava.
https://www.strava.com/heatmap#10.84/-58.77423/-34.55767/hot/ride

Last edited:
Back