Robberies on street

Ceviche

Registered
I wanted your feedback.

Every day I hear some I personally know getting robbed on streets on BA.

Like in last 3 days I heard 3.

1. Yesterday in Plaza serrano at 9 pm

2. 2 days ago in Retiro at 1 am ( late night)

3. 3 days ago in Micrcentro at 3 pm in the afternoon

All 3 victims were local or Latin American girls in their 20's.

What is going on here?? Yes..I do live here full time for many years but this was special!

The feed back i can offer you is that, everything becomes more real when it happens to us or someone we know personally, but the reality of our everyday Argentine life is plagued by these incidents that we hear or see on tv, except, since we are not related to it, we soon forget......keep your head on a swivel , this place was never safe... :confused:

A number of years ago this happened constantly and almost EVERYONE I know was affected. Some of the robberies were Jesse James style. A friend was having dinner in a good restaurant. In came two armed thieves. Demanded that everyone take our their wallets and jewelry. My friend lost his wedding ring. Subsequently emigrated to Europe; couldn't take it any more and didn't want his three kids exposed to this. Another friend was robbed while jogging. The thief took his wallet, watch, designer T shirt and trainers. He had to go back home almost naked, A family I'm friendly with in Recoleta were tied up and their entire home robbed - took everything they could put in suitcases. It just went on and on. Hardly a person I know (I have almost NO expat friends) was robbed. That was when the economy was in crisis. Now the economy is in another crisis that may be as bad as the last big one, so maybe the crime scene is going back to what it was. Some people will say that there is crime everywhere, especially in big cities but I don't think it's anywhere near as common in Manhattan or London or some other major cities as it was during the crisis years in Argentina. I can't say that it's so bad now but what I've described is characteristic of what it used to be like.

maybe the cild weather has something to do with it. desperate need to get warm. if there snach and grabs, 20 year girls are a pretty distacted bunch. back to what mc kenna is saying, pay attention and don’t walk around with your rolex watch, head phones on, with your new whatever phone in your hand

maybe the cild weather has something to do with it. desperate need to get warm. if there snach and grabs, 20 year girls are a pretty distacted bunch. back to what mc kenna is saying, pay attention and don’t walk around with your rolex watch, head phones on, with your new whatever phone in your hand

or your wedding ring ---- and maybe leave your shoes and shirt home too.

Crime has definetely increased and is worse than it has ever been . Strange that Clarin and La Nacion do not report this as it seems that they are covering up the reality . When Christina was in power every day in these two newspapers there were sensational articles about the crimes in the city . Why now is it being hushed up?

Last edited:
I haven’t noticed a spike in crime (but never say never) actually I see a cop standing on just about every block in most major streets here in Cap Fed, which during the K years was not the case

I haven’t noticed a spike in crime (but never say never) actually I see a cop standing on just about every block in most major streets here in Cap Fed, which during the K years was not the case

I beg to differ. I see less policemen than before on streets at least in Palermo, they are less than before.

Where do you see the police on every corner? In the night in palermo soho there are a few at most and only in the tourist areas . Most crimes happen in back streets and rarely a cop in sight

I beg to differ. I see less policemen than before on streets at least in Palermo, they are less than before.
I completely agree with you . There are less policeman than a few years ago on the streets of palermo soho

Back