Robberies on street

This shows you how brazen the criminals are here. To be robbed in plain daylight in a restaurant full of people and with a gun would never happen in a million years in Australia or Canada. Buenos Aires can give people such a false sense of security....

I agree....and it probably would not happen in my home city of San Francisco. Nevertheless I continue to walk everywhere in CABA on a daily basis. I try to be vigilant of my immediate surroundings. At night I avoid side streets and areas not well lit. I don't carry a cell phone and only a small amount of cash on me.

To use a gun in plain daylight in the heart of Buenos Aires in a busy cafe is very brazen and confirms what many have said here about crime increasing. If you look at the video of the robbery in Kentucky noone defended the victim. The police in the main are ineffective if they see a gun they run the other way.

Very interesting to see how by standers react, knowing this, criminals will always have the upper hand.
There was plenty of time to disarm this piece of crap, but if we all keep behaving like a bunch of chickens when the wolf shows up, no wonder they operate in this fashion.....i like how the waiter tries to chase the guy AFTER he's out the door lol pathetic

To use a gun in plain daylight in the heart of Buenos Aires in a busy cafe is very brazen and confirms what many have said here about crime increasing. If you look at the video of the robbery in Kentucky noone defended the victim. The police in the main are ineffective if they see a gun they run the other way.

Watch the video carefully and you see the patrons running out like rats on a sinking ship. Can't really blame them, though. WHy did the waiter run out after the thief? Also the woman resisted. He could have shot her. To me it is idiotic to carry a lot of $ in a purse while you sit in a pizzeria. Go with someone to get the money and get the money back to your home quickly.

Watch the video carefully and you see the patrons running out like rats on a sinking ship. Can't really blame them, though. WHy did the waiter run out after the thief? Also the woman resisted. He could have shot her. To me it is idiotic to carry a lot of $ in a purse while you sit in a pizzeria. Go with someone to get the money and get the money back to your home quickly.

The woman was very casual and should have put the money in her drawers caught a taxi and gone home . I have to admit that few people anywhere these days will defend another if there is a gun involved . How many would put your life on the line for a robbery of a purse?

This shows you how brazen the criminals are here . To be robbed in plain daylight in a restaurant full of people and with a gun would never happen in a million years in Australia or Canada . Buenos Aires can give people such a false sense of security as it looks european and has nice restaurants and coffee shops but always remember that there are over one million people living in precarious slums in the Capital and surrounding areas whose lives are very tough .

I remember many years ago I had a german friend from Romania visiting Buenos Aires and he came with us$ 10,000 apparentely . When he went to check in to his hotel room the cleaner was there so he decided to go next door with his friend and have a coffee at havana . He had apparentely all this money in his backpack and he slung this over his seat . While he was having his coffee someone stole his mochilla and noone saw anything it was so fast . What was very suspicious was that the cameras were not working inside and there was never any clear indication who the robber was . Suffice to say he hated Argentina after this incident and vowed to never return . Now this was a man who was very street savvy living in Bucharest Romania known for their gypsy gangs but he said that Buenos Aires was worse .
If he was street savvy he wouldn't have left a bad with 10k even remotely unattended. I wouldn't do that anywhere. U.S., Europe, or Argentina that is just irresponsible.

So there were some blokes saying, they feel BA has become safer. These 2 news just adds to the thread opener I posted with 3 difference incidents on 3 consecutive days to 3 different people in heart of BA.

The Alto Palermo area has always been dangerous. I have often seen criminal type guys standing right in front of the mall.

Back