Rugby Fans - Best Place In Ba To Watch The 6 Nations?

France because they can
Wales cos they play the beautiful game and no one least of all them knows when that will happen
Ireland cos they are devils at "home" and neither France nor England can live with that
England cos the wheels fall off - 'tis inevitable
Italy cos they are improving
Scotland cos someone has to come last and it's difficult to get out of there despite fine games last year

That's my not-so-arrogant prediction needless to say I'm happy to be proven wrong in March

The debate has been too civilized up til now

Lets get some decent comment from thos who know........

http://www.telegraph...Jim-Telfer.html

Visser might surprise a few folk but I don't know that there is much else there...I'm reading a lot of 'could' from Telfer! Strokosch is useful but he has a lot ahead of him in terms of a Lions spot at flanker.

Oh Frenchie....If this comes to pass I will be bearing a grudge against you !

Was kidding. I love watching D'Arcy, O'Driscoll and O'Gara and that maybe the last time I'll see them in an international competition.

Italy could create a surprise against the Bleus (as usual since our team doesn't like to play other latin teams like Argentina too).

I don't know what to think of the French team. There's not a single true fullback in the shortlist but we have Michalak who is finally consistent, despite his genius.
Also we have this strange creature named Bastareaud. Dussautoir is not as

England performed really well against NZ, French did too against AUS, Welsh always are creative, Irish have their legendary spirit & players, Scots will -I hope- soon live a better era and Italy is progressing year after year.

Looking forward for interesting games.

Bonne chance à tous

Back to the original topic, I would recommend going to one of the bars near one of the many Rugby clubs in BA. The best one I've been to was at the San Isidro station of the Tren De La Costa. Not sure if it's still there cause this was years ago, but it's very UK-style and on the upper level in the complex of all the shops at the station. They serve beers in mega containers. :) There are also some places near the CASI club location in San Isidro but I don't know any of them by name. Good luck and let us know your experiences! Oh and, GO PUMAS! :)

Well well well... Italy won as I smelled it.

It's going to be a fine game against Wales who also has to prove something now.

Ireland & England favourites now?!

Congrats to Italia

England looked crushingly effecient against a fleetingly exciting scots team, stand by my prediction for them to win it and my previous final standings.

Wales to suffer the effects of wounded French pride!

As an Irishman I would like to see Ireland win but I have a feeling it is England's to win but Ireland are playing home. If Ireland play like they did in the first half against Wales and somehow overcome their depressingly common tendency to melt away in the second half, things could look good for us.

Irl V Eng this Sunday is gonna be tasty!!! A lot riding on it, especially after Italy v France today!! Come on Ireland!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Expat Life 0
enriquetta Expat Life 0
B Culture 0
prettejohn Expat Life 1
K Newcomers Forum 11
Back