Rugby World Cup Fans

keech

Registered
Hiya.
Just wondering if anyone knows of pubs that are going to show the rugby world cup matches.I'd like to get a list of places together that are going to show all the games.
I'm not sure if they are going to show all the games but I saw a couple in the Alamo around paddies day this year.The screens were just 21" sized TV's though; I'd love to find somewhere with a decent projector and (I know I'm pushing the boat out here) commentary in english.
Hopefully we can get some answeres out before the weekends Irish Match.
Cheers

Hi Keech,

Can you let me know if you find anything? At the moment I plan on watching the games in my apartment on our 21" screen!!!

My email is [email protected]

I tried to find places to watch the autumn internationals, but nowhere opened before 6/7pm. I looked around San Martin area, bars including Kilkenny, a couple of Irish bars and an English pub.

Cheers

Richard

"Harri" said:
Hi Keech,

Can you let me know if you find anything? At the moment I plan on watching the games in my apartment on our 21" screen!!!

My email is [email protected]

I tried to find places to watch the autumn internationals, but nowhere opened before 6/7pm. I looked around San Martin area, bars including Kilkenny, a couple of Irish bars and an English pub.

Cheers

Richard
I am interested to maybe watch some games.
Kilkenny does not have them by the way. Blue does have big screens and they will probally show the games if you ask them
Go Pumas

'Locos por el Futbol' behind Recoleta Cementary is showing all the games live and has a GIGANTIC screen inside. Yes, there is a consumicion minima of about 15 pesos each, but rugby without beer and banter is like a heart without a soul ã
Paul, good to see even the Dutch getting involved ;)

Any luck with finding a location to watch the rugby??
Regards Jo (Kiwi with Aussie husband)

Hello Again;
"rugby without beer and banter is like a heart without a soul "
So..So true
I know Loco para futbol has the big screens but last time a few friends went there for international rugby; they turned it off and put on soccer....obviously they werent too happy.Are they advertising that they will keep the games on?
Granadaiscool where is Blue?I havent heard of it.
I heard about an Irish Pub in Palermo hollywood that has a big screen and should be showing some matches.Its just Behind the two huge towers on a corner..I'll get back with some proper details.
Well ;everyone keep their ears open
Keith

I watched all the 6 nations rugby matches from shoeless joes alamo bar . Its an american sports bar but was very accomodating for all the rugby matches.
The bar is on Uraguay about 40 mts from the santa fe avenue

I thought there was a "stop coverage" of this event by various leading news agencies over restriction disputes. Associated Press and Reuters were on the news since yesterday speaking about the "objectionable and troubling conditions" imposed on them.

Just wanted to give out a massive DALE PUMAS !!! Well done the boys. What a great result, not just for Argentina but for rugby as a sport...

Ditto!! We watched the game at Shoeless Joes Alamo Bar as the sports bar behind Recoleta Cemetery was invitation only. Joes was really good, great atmosphere, cheap beer and plenty of locals so it was a lot of fun and apparantly they are playing all the games! See you at the next match!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Expat Life 0
Gringoboy Entertainment 12
D Newcomers Forum 7
N Entertainment 0
S Culture 3
Back