Rules for residents returning ?

I did a test on Jan 27th through "Dispositivos Turistas". Basically if you are claiming that you recently arrived to CABA (even if you just drove to a provincia for the weekend) you can book a quick test at a drive-thru location. I was able to book one for the next day. There was no wait in the line and about 100 medical personnel in a very organized warehouse. They gave me a nose swab, then we pulled over and waited 20 minutes and got our results immediately. We may have received immediate results because I told them I was exposed to a positive case at my gym, but it seemed like everyone pulled over and waited for their results. The next day I was able to download my test results via whatsapp. Due to my test results, I got phone calls nearly every day from medical personnel following up on my symptoms, or from someone making sure I was clear on the terms of the quarantine. I don't have obra social and the test was free. I did mine at the "La Rural" sede which was across the street from Ecoparque (it looks like that sede isn't available right now on the website), but it looks like you can still go to Puerto Madero or Recoleta.
Here is the link if anyone needs it. I believe you have to check off that you have completed at Declaracion Jurada recently.

I'm confused. You arrived in Ezeiza from a foreign country and did the test after arrival? Then they checked up on you by phone every day after that (for how long)? That contradicts what others have said about no follow up. Anyway, can you clarify whether you were goin to Argentina or leaving. Thanks

I'm confused. You arrived in Ezeiza from a foreign country and did the test after arrival? Then they checked up on you by phone every day after that (for how long)? That contradicts what others have said about no follow up. Anyway, can you clarify whether you were goin to Argentina or leaving. Thanks
I arrived in Buenos Aires from Los Angeles. I had no automatic follow up coming into the country because I had a negative PCR and did the Declaracion Jurada before I arrived. After finishing 10 day quarantine I went to the gym and a few days later some gym members tested positive. That's when I did the Dispositivos Turistas test, and I just told them that I had recently come into Buenos Aires. From that test I received phone calls everyday or every other day until my isolation period ended.
Additionally, someone else I was in contact with tested positive, and I was listed as exposed to them, which evidently put me back on the contact list and back on isolation. They called and told me my isolation should be extended another two weeks since my exposure and again called me just about every day to see if I had any symptoms and remind me when my isolation period ends.

If you are flying from "Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Nuevo Mexico, Colorado, Arkansas, Oklahoma y Luisiana" you do not need a PCR, just a note from your doctor you have no symptoms and do the PCR here in Argentina on arrival.

Seems they have taken off the US states (see above) that are slow with PCR tests. I cannot find any that will promise results within the time frame. Also I wonder how they define the 72 hours -- if you have, for example, a flight from a city in the US leaving at 1700 hs and connecting in Miamio for BA with a BA departure at 23:00 hs, is it 72 hours from the flight from Miami or from the earlier connecting flight?

Seems they have taken off the US states (see above) that are slow with PCR tests. I cannot find any that will promise results within the time frame. Also I wonder how they define the 72 hours -- if you have, for example, a flight from a city in the US leaving at 1700 hs and connecting in Miamio for BA with a BA departure at 23:00 hs, is it 72 hours from the flight from Miami or from the earlier connecting flight?
As long as the flights are all on the same reservation it is 72 hours prior to your first flight. For up to date information I would always check the IATA website at https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Back