Sacred Harp In Buenos Aires

springlizard

Registered
Hey all,
Are there any Sacred Harp singers, or aspiring sacred harp singers in or around the city?
I'd love to join, or even start up a group.

I had to look up what it is, sounds like something very American, I don't think it's something that is a thing here at all. You might want to look into choral groups and maybe you'll find something.

I am from Alabama and we sing Sacred Harp. Doubt you'll find anybody else here that sings. I'm not interested in starting up a group but I've found that Argentines love stuff like that - American and a little different. There is a decent bluegrass following here in the capital. You might start with some of the English speaking churches in the city and connect with the choir director. Other than that you'll have to make do with Youtube, Cold Mountain, and NPR. :)

Good luck!

GS

Thanks guys.
Dirtboy: yeah, I'm a musician myself and have played with a bunch of different players here, a couple of whom are familiar with sacred harp, but with no time to form a group. Oh well.
If you change yr mind, lemme know!

Hey there springlizard,

I'm here in Baires for a month and a half (until mid-February) and I would love to sing Sacred Harp - I can host a group here in Paternal too
email me : jamiecallumross-at-gmail-dot-com !

Let's sing out!
JR

I am not sure if they do what you are looking for, but at least you could ask them: http://www.sociedadhaendel.com/

Back