Sad News for The Ex Pat Community

Liam3494

Registered
Sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but I have just been informed that an old friend, Dee Hirsch, who had lived in Buenos Aires for a couple of years, and only left here two weeks ago, to travel around the world, before settling back in the Carolinas, passed away last night, in her sleep, while in Japan, on her first leg of her trip.

She was a regular attendee with the Hash running club here in BsAs, and I know she had been actively involved with BAIN and other groups in and around the place during her stay. Although retired, she was always the life and soul of the party, and I will remember with much joy, St Patricks Day this year, and my own birthday in the same month, where Dee excelled herself.

I know little more about the details, but felt the need to let those who might have met Dee in her time here, know the sad news.

She will be missed by her family, and by her many friends she made here in Buenos Aires. May she Rest in Peace.........

What sad news but a most gracious exit for a true lady . May she rest in peace

I only met her a few times but I'm really sad to hear that she's passed away because she was such great fun. I remember the night of the red dress run when we played pool together that evening, she was absolutely awful at pool and we got well beaten but we had a laugh. What a character! Thanks for letting us know.

What sad news indeed. I met her first on St. Patrick’s day where she was sporting some outlandish green felt hat she had made herself for the occasion. Dee had such amazing charm, charisma and could party like it was 1999! She will be deeply missed by all who has the pleasure of meeting her.

I am in NY and was on the subway the other day when she appeared in my mind - have not seen her not spoken to her in over 15 years - her image literally came out of the blue - we worked together in soho - underneath all the NY attitude lived a wonderful woman of extraordinary kindness - I looked for her online and found these saddest of posts - Besos y unas lagrimas para Dee , Lian

I ran into her at La Biela last year, I was having my lunch and invited her to have
a beer next me. She appeared to be in great spirit and looked very healthy.
I can not believe this. Life is so fragile and short.
May she rest in peace and heaven!

Sending a message to the expats who light also have lit a candle last night in honor and memory of Dee Hirsch, my beloved Auntie Dee. When I spent time with her in BA, the first March after her husband passed away,we went from one to another to another church trying to find some candles we could light in honor of her Eugene. We had no luck with finding any candles for some reason that March 17, in any church we found, but she of course had lovely silver candlesticks and some exteremely tall tapers, taller than her orchids, at her subrented apartment, so we did say a prayer and start an overnight flame burning for Uncle Eugene. And last night, though I was shocked that already almost two years have passed since her 70th birthday was celebrated in Argentina, I lit an beeswax candle on a Japanese cloisonne plate, and said a prayer that she is enjoying every moment wherever she now is making friends and planning fashionable events.
Besos, Dee's niece.

Back