Safe Towns in Argentina with Inexpensive Private Schools

expatDad2

Registered
Greetings. We would like to move to Latin America, possibly Argentina, so our children can learn Spanish. We have six children that range in age from 12 to 2. Our main criteria are:

• Very safe
  • Inexpensive private schools (less than $400 per month per child)

We will also take other things into account, such as the climate, but that is secondary.

• Climate

My wife and I speak Spanish and we are not concerned about touristy things or night life or having access to an English-speaking community. Nor are we concerned with living in a large city (though internet access will be important since I work remotely). When I have searched online for safe places to live in Latin America, it seems like the bloggers are focused on a lot of those things mentioned above that we do not care about.

I would love to hear your recommendations for cities or towns that meet our criteria.

Thank you!

Thank you. Please elaborate if you can. I have heard that Montevideo is actually quite expensive (including the private schools). Are you referring to another city in Uruguay?

Argentina is a dumpster fire right now. Might want to check Uruguay. Any big city in AR is not going to be very safe.

Thanks. What part of Uruguay? I hear Montevideo is rather expensive so the schools are probably out of our price range.

Argentina is a dumpster fire right now. Might want to check Uruguay. Any big city in AR is not going to be very safe.
What about Bariloche? Not a big city, but they probably have all the infrastructure that you need. And to me it looked very safe (although i dont know it well)

Not cheap(ish) though? Tourist prices for everything. Depends on the budget I guess.

How about Salta? It feels very safe compared to BAs or Rosario and has a few nice neighborhoods and "countries" (gated neighbourhoods with big houses with land). It is an authentic experience also as has a unique and charming "gaucho" and "andino" culture that you definitely feel more than elsewhere in Argentina. Airport is fairly well connected. Beautiful weather year round. Interesting region to explore on weekends etc.

Back