Safe Towns in Argentina with Inexpensive Private Schools

What about Bariloche? Not a big city, but they probably have all the infrastructure that you need. And to me it looked very safe (although i dont know it well)
Bariloche is a big city, maybe 500,000 people and close to being the second largest in Argentina... Has everything you're looking for, I think, and perhaps a bit safer than other cities. Dunno.

How about Salta? It feels very safe compared to BAs or Rosario and has a few nice neighborhoods and "countries" (gated neighbourhoods with big houses with land). It is an authentic experience also as has a unique and charming "gaucho" and "andino" culture that you definitely feel more than elsewhere in Argentina. Airport is fairly well connected. Beautiful weather year round. Interesting region to explore on weekends etc.
I second Salta. If I did not live in BA, I would live in Salta in a heart beat.So much to do..and so many nice vacation spots near by.

Not cheap(ish) though? Tourist prices for everything. Depends on the budget I guess.
I would think that the schools do not have tourist prices. And with 6 you certainly should get a di
Bariloche is a big city, maybe 500,000 people and close to being the second largest in Argentina... Has everything you're looking for, I think, and perhaps a bit safer than other cities. Dunno.
you just made me google it ...

well, it is number 54 of the biggest cities (bit more than 100k habitants)

And very good doctors at Sanatorio San Carlos.

I realise this is an incendiary comment, but I wouldn’t move to Argentina to learn Spanish. It’s not just the posho, cashe, fasha and voceo dialect that’s being pushed as a language, it’s the paradigm shifts with health insurance being described as “obras sociales” that will make it difficult to relate to Spanish speakers anywhere else.

I think one of the “charms“ of Argentina is the fact that it is still — not sure if for long — one of the very few places in the region with a middle class so when you move here there is no apparent socio-economic disparity, which can be extremely uncomfortable and distracting. Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of inequality but generally not as bad as some other LAtam countries.
Now based on what you are describing I am not sure Argentina is the right fit. Argentina is cheap now but only if you consider the blue rate, but how long will this last? No one knows. I would second that Uruguay is probably a better fit. I wouldn’t live there since I find it incredibly dull but in your case it sounds like a match. Another option might be Colombia, nice climate and cheap, Spanish accent is beautiful and close to the US. If you chose carefully safety should not be an issue.

If you have six children your goose is cooked.. pretty much you need to be in a city with excellent schools , that doesn't came cheap ..
Some one may know if $400 per month is adequate, maybe you must look at bilingual schools, that have international programs valid for US Colleges. etc. You are looking then at a handful of large cities. May consider Lincoln high

Back