Safe Towns in Argentina with Inexpensive Private Schools

I will prefer to do home schooling.
To each their own, but I would never allow it ... let me tell you why ...

Even if you can provide the greatest possible home school LEARNING EXPERIENCE, which would be rather hard to do even if you are the best, or are among the best educators out there ... the student (you child) will be severely deprived of social interaction. First ... why would it be challenging for a great parent, educator ... in a word ... "FAMILY." Having you relationship continue into school is overload for a young mind. The stimulus factor will certainly be stunted. Second, a child (and every one else as well.) needs social interaction. It teaches us, it stimulates us, it teaches us many lessons on getting along that become important social skills beyond the educational period in a person's life. Then thee is the "rule of contacts." Regardless of the caliber / level / cost, (if private) of the education ... meeting people (educators / classmates alike) forge a path to the future that may be retracted at some future point. Building a network is not just for adults, children need to do it as well. And in many cases, these contacts last into adulthood and they may very well determine future success / victories in adult life.

NOPE - To home school is to deprive a young mind of social interaction. The only way you could get me to buy into the concept is if it were short term and highly unique ... as in some exotic, thinly populated location where learning took place outside of the class room. And even then, it would have to be brief in time ... as semester at maximum. It's just not the right setting for preparing a competitive young mind for the adult world.

Replying with sincere respect for your point of view as different as it may be from mine.

To each their own, but I would never allow it ... let me tell you why ...

Even if you can provide the greatest possible home school LEARNING EXPERIENCE, which would be rather hard to do even if you are the best, or are among the best educators out there ... the student (you child) will be severely deprived of social interaction. First ... why would it be challenging for a great parent, educator ... in a word ... "FAMILY." Having you relationship continue into school is overload for a young mind. The stimulus factor will certainly be stunted. Second, a child (and every one else as well.) needs social interaction. It teaches us, it stimulates us, it teaches us many lessons on getting along that become important social skills beyond the educational period in a person's life. Then thee is the "rule of contacts." Regardless of the caliber / level / cost, (if private) of the education ... meeting people (educators / classmates alike) forge a path to the future that may be retracted at some future point. Building a network is not just for adults, children need to do it as well. And in many cases, these contacts last into adulthood and they may very well determine future success / victories in adult life.

NOPE - To home school is to deprive a young mind of social interaction. The only way you could get me to buy into the concept is if it were short term and highly unique ... as in some exotic, thinly populated location where learning took place outside of the class room. And even then, it would have to be brief in time ... as semester at maximum. It's just not the right setting for preparing a competitive young mind for the adult world.

Replying with sincere respect for your point of view as different as it may be from mine.
I respect with the social part...but I guess its time to get rid of the social structures in the mind.

There are private schools in the US that are in the 50k a year range.

There are but they are academically outstanding schools. Lincoln is not in that category. They are more like US public schools located in an affluent suburb. I very much doubt that they would reject anyone who can pay. Lincoln's fees are beyond elitist. Shocking,

There are but they are academically outstanding schools. Lincoln is not in that category. They are more like US public schools located in an affluent suburb. I very much doubt that they would reject anyone who can pay. Lincoln's fees are beyond elitist. Shocking,

I was responding that there are more expensive schools in the Americas than Lincoln, but yes their fees are ridiculous, especially for Argentina.

Argentina is a dumpster fire right now. Might want to check Uruguay. Any big city in AR is not going to be very safe.

This is Buenos Aires brain. Most cities outside of Buenos Aires are almost normal now except with face masks.

Probably if one was to spend elite money, I would send my kids to Switzerland to swag with the crém de la crém.

Probably if one was to spend elite money, I would send my kids to Switzerland to swag with the crém de la crém.
[/QUOT

You'd send your kids to Switzerland to some boarding school for the children of selfish billionaires?

I was responding that there are more expensive schools in the Americas than Lincoln, but yes their fees are ridiculous, especially for Argentina.

There are more expensive schools in the US. I should have said, it's probably the MOST expensive south of the US/Mexico border. Anyway it's an American international school, so if you are not looking for a US focused curriculum ( I think they even follow the US school calendar ) this is not the place to go.

This is Buenos Aires brain. Most cities outside of Buenos Aires are almost normal now except with face masks.

What?? Don't you know that Argentina ends at General Paz?!?
This is the sadly typical attitude of the burgesía porteña, the same attitude that prompts them to refer to Buenos Aires province as "La Provincia", as if there was no other. In all fairness, this is the same attitude as people from San Francisco who refer to it as "the city", usually while tossing their hair back and putting their noses up in the air. Heh, you'd never guess I was from San Diego, would you? I guess we all have our attitudes.

To get back on topic, OP might like to check out San Luis.

Back