Safety/ Crime Problem?

mini said:
If I were going to learn Spanish, I would go to Spain.

Why would you go to Spain Mini? They do speak beautiful spanish in Argentina

pericles said:
Why would you go to Spain Mini? They do speak beautiful spanish in Argentina

I don't have a problem with the Spanish here. It's lovely. I think you know it's pretty special, though. They are few places that you will use "vos". Personally, I think it's important to learn the verbs with ALL the pronouns, then adapt to the 'vos'.

But, you know, that's my opinion and it's worth what you pay for it! ;)

Reactions: RWS
mini said:
I don't have a problem with the Spanish here. It's lovely. I think you know it's pretty special, though. They are few places that you will use "vos". Personally, I think it's important to learn the verbs with ALL the pronouns, then adapt to the 'vos'.

But, you know, that's my opinion and it's worth what you pay for it! ;)

The "voseo" is predominant only in a few countries, but IMHO its one of the characteristics that make the local "rio platense" spanish beautiful. It is also well understood on all other spanish speaking countries, so learning it here and speaking it somewhere it should be no problem. On a similar note; the Castillian you'll learn in Spain will include "vosotros" which is not common outside of Spain, but also understood. But I agree, its important to learn all the verb forms, even those not commonly used locally.

... just my 2¢ opinion as well ;)

Assuming you believe that Spanish as spoken in Spain is the standard then the
quality of Spanish spoken in Argentina is only fair (i.e. quite a bit of bad grammar and slang used). The best quality Spanish in S.A. is in Columbia and Peru. The worst spoken Spanish is Mexico lots and lots of bad grammar and slang. Not that this makes much difference unless you are a fairly picky native speaker.

Back