Safety

wstevens

Registered
As far as I understand, the lack of security in the Zona Norte is terrible. Is safe for a woman to walk in the street? Would you say that a bullet proof car is necessary?

wstevens said:
As far as I understand, the lack of security in the Zona Norte is terrible. Is safe for a woman to walk in the street? Would you say that a bullet proof car is necessary?

I wouldn't say that Argentina is the same as Brazil... yet. But the lack of a sense of a rule of law gives the feeling that the country is heading in that direction. :(

Most car dealesrs offer a variety armors for autos for a different price, a market must exist?

Bullet proof car is too much. You just have to be careful and always walk streets with others around you.

BP jobs are made mostly on high end cars. Car thief magnets.
You need special ReNAr permit to have one and I wonder if they issue those for non residents.

Low profile works best.

Depends where you're at in Zona Norte. There's decent areas and sketchy areas. Some places you can walk along the street at night with care and others you probably shouldn't. There's a lot of countries (closed neighborhoods) which generally are safer, but crime is rather widespread.

I think Zona Oeste and Zona Sur are both more dangerous than Norte (talking about provincia of course.) :)

The security in Zona Norte nowhere near as bad as other places.
We've lived in Olivos on and off for many years and just take simple precautions as in any large city.
I'm sure you will feel just fine here.

Back