Sailed from Portugal to Mar del Plata

“I'll plant a garden and buy three chickens. I'll make it through the winter with the old people,” he said. “I want to be with the family.”

A garden and three chickens. If we all had such modest ambitions, there would be far more happiness in the world. I would want at least a dozen chickens myself. And a goose.

“I'll plant a garden and buy three chickens. I'll make it through the winter with the old people,” he said. “I want to be with the family.”

A garden and three chickens. If we all had such modest ambitions, there would be far more happiness in the world. I would want at least a dozen chickens myself. And a goose.
To go back to the times of providing for yourself and loved ones is a mirage for most of us. (Me as well!) But I have contemplated giving it all up to live like this at some future point in time. I just may do something similar once the years have elapsed on my life. My fear is: That if I really like it, I will regret not having done it sooner!

great story. however, why on earth would he have to quarantine upon arrival in argentina when he's been quarantined on a sailboat at sea for nearly 3 months?
I checked both La Nacion and Clarin for extended coverage of the story. The guy made several stops in Brazil, and three days ago put in Uruguay's La Paloma to escape a storm. So he could have been exposed to the virus in the past two weeks.

He will be tested today - if he's clean, on Sunday he'll celebrate Father's Day with his family.

Now, THAT'S a son....!

thats a sailor. 29 ft in storm conditions. wow. clap clap. been in 25 ft faces for 72 hours and sailing up those faces at 45 degrees is a full time job. we had 4 people and he did it alone hats off.

Back