Salary For A Executive Chef In Buenos Aires?

from 1000-2000 dollars, depends on restaurants too. I have a friend who has a big restaurant ( about 20+ employee not high end), he always pays his top chef $1000 dollars, in pesos, at blue rate.
Foreign chef gets paid a lot more than the locals. At $2000, you can find some really nice local chefs. People will quit their jobs and work for you.

in your opinion which are the top 5 avant garde restaurants in Buenos aires?? I heard of Aramburu, how that restaurant at the palace alvear??

in your opinion which are the top 5 avant garde restaurants in Buenos aires?? I heard of Aramburu, how that restaurant at the palace alvear??

You will get lots of disagreement on this. My personal favorites are Pura Tierra, Tegui, and Azema.

I also very much liked Uco at the Hotel Fierro.

I'm not really sure I'd call La Bourgogne avant-garde. The food is good though (especially the bread basket).

My number 1 would be Chila.

Also on the list would be Tegui, iLatina, Elena and wherever Hernan Gipponi ends up next.

thanks! I want something with a good wine list and some molecular gastronomy and chill atmosphere

thanks! I want something with a good wine list and some molecular gastronomy and chill atmosphere

I don't know what you consider a good wine list, but due to availability you only get depth, never breadth, in Argentina. And there are MANY that are very deep, with dozens of selections at all prices.

The chef at Tarquino, Dante Liporace, was at elBulli. They do a very interesting deconstructed pizza.

A few others we like are Sagardi, Oviedo, and la Locanda. La Brigada or Don Julio for asado.

Back