Salary Info

Julieta0317

Registered
So, I have been trying to get a job in BA so I can finally move there. I grew up in BA, came to USA to study and ended up staying for 16 years...now is time to get back home, but with a job so I can still have some sort of security as I'm not near retirement age or financial independence. I have BBA in Finance and coverall certifications on top of 10 years of professional work experience in the banking industry. To make a long story short, I sent my resume for a job posting and I have been lucky enough to get a response. The job is for a consulting position and they want to know what my salary requirement is. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.. I have no idea what a professional makes in BA these days. bTW, I'm fully bilingual so the job search seems to be a little easier for me. Thanks in advance

So, I have been trying to get a job in BA so I can finally move there. I grew up in BA, came to USA to study and ended up staying for 16 years...now is time to get back home, but with a job so I can still have some sort of security as I'm not near retirement age or financial independence. I have BBA in Finance and coverall certifications on top of 10 years of professional work experience in the banking industry. To make a long story short, I sent my resume for a job posting and I have been lucky enough to get a response. The job is for a consulting position and they want to know what my salary requirement is. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.. I have no idea what a professional makes in BA these days. bTW, I'm fully bilingual so the job search seems to be a little easier for me. Thanks in advance
When negotiating salary the person who gives a number first is weaker.. Ask for them to give you a figure and go from there, they might low ball you. I think salaries are in the 15,000-25,000 peso range for a position like that.

You can probably request at least AR$40.000 a month since you have 10 years of experience in the sector. Consulting gigs pay upwards of AR$15.000 - 20.000 a month for Junior Consultants, so 40.000 really isnt a ridiculous number for someone with lots of experience.

I'm wondering how many employers would really PAY salaries like that here though (?)

Multinationals are you best bet for companies...if you aren't going to be an entrepreneur. The argentine subsidiaries will challenge your mental fortitude! Only the strong survive!

I have more or less had to watch a regional team here fail as they resisted the gringo's advice. Slowly but surely i'll take control of the function as the responsibility moves out of the local team into the regional (my) team. Pride before the fall etc...incredibly different business environment. You want to if possible associate with a regional function and not a local function if you value your sanity! Also, being in a regional role affords you some "outs" if the cookie crumbles in a particularly unpleasant way here. My experience is quite talented younger professionals, very poor management and an inacessible executive level who are hamstrung from doing anything dynamic or progressive. Fortunately I see companies de-powering the local management, focusing big projects to other countries and taking whatever talent is in the country into regional roles where the employee remains in Argentina. I see a lot of underinvestment in technology (it's been a long time since any mn would consider Arg a good bet for infra-tech upgrades) and an excess of staff spinning along via a myriad of manual processes which take an age to produce anything valuable.

It's like working in a European mediterranean country in the mid to late 90s in terms of technology and efficiencies.

Sorry, rambling. TLDR - good salaries can be found in multinationals, look for a regional project team or role and accept early on that you will have to sell your soul to the devil to get things done.

I'm off for my 1030 with Dr Faust....

Far out - I feel like I am doing okay if I manage to get 15,000 pesos a month to live on :) lol

40k~50K pesos salary/month is quite possible for a mid level to senior level executive with experience in late 30's early 40's. No big deal about that.

40k~50K pesos salary/month is quite possible for a mid level to senior level executive with experience in late 30's early 40's. No big deal about that.

On the flip side, if you are not managing people or an important (e.g. multinational) project, don't count on 40-50k. 20-30 would probably be more likely.

Back