Saliva Rapid PCR test in BA

Sequoia1321

Registered
Last I checked there was a requirement to do s 2nd PCR test after you arrive in Argentina, between the 3rd and 7th day if I recall. Is that right? If so, do they have the saliva PCR test where you just spit into a vial, no nose or throat swap? That's how I got my PCR test in USA and it seemed good, I heard it's also more accurate. If they don't have this then the next best PCR test I assume is the throat swap test, less discomfort I think.

Last I checked there was a requirement to do s 2nd PCR test after you arrive in Argentina, between the 3rd and 7th day if I recall. Is that right? If so, do they have the saliva PCR test where you just spit into a vial, no nose or throat swap? That's how I got my PCR test in USA and it seemed good, I heard it's also more accurate. If they don't have this then the next best PCR test I assume is the throat swap test, less discomfort I think.
If you live in CABA just get the test at the La RURAL. Get an appointment and it's free. They do not stick the swab too deep anymore. Otherwise yes you need a 2nd test around day 5 I think...The saliva PCR is an option but not sure which labs do it here. I think it's a little more expensive.

If you live in CABA just get the test at the La RURAL. Get an appointment and it's free. They do not stick the swab too deep anymore. Otherwise yes you need a 2nd test around day 5 I think...The saliva PCR is an option but not sure which labs do it here. I think it's a little more expensive.

Are there restrictions, like for who lives in CABA, like a tourist in Airbnb, or other restrictions? In US they had a restriction on the free test if you do it for travel purposes, so I had to pay for it.

Are there restrictions, like for who lives in CABA, like a tourist in Airbnb, or other restrictions? In US they had a restriction on the free test if you do it for travel purposes, so I had to pay for it.
No bring passport and register for the test with your passport. When they ask for "reason" say recent travel abroad, turista....

Bear in mind that unless you specifically ask for it, CABA will use an antigen test and the legal requirement is a PCR test between 3 and 5 days after arrival.

Nobody will actually check this; you do it only because if it turns out you are in fact COVID positive and infected a bunch after arrival, following the guidelines minimizes your liability if you end up with an indictment.

I got my PCR test (nasal swap) done at La Rural on Sunday, but didn’t get my results back yet. I used their chat on their site, as well as the whatsapp chat, (similar robot chats) to get the results and it says it can’t find any results. Not sure what’s going on. I entered all the info correctly. Can’t find an email for them.

Last edited:
I got my PCR test (nasal swap) done at La Rural on Sunday, but didn’t get my results back yet. I used their chat on their site, as well as the whatsapp chat, (similar robot chats) to get the results and it says it can’t find any results. Not sure what’s going on. I entered all the info correctly. Can’t find an email for them.
Same :/

I didn’t bother getting the day 4-6 test to be honest. There’s that many people here who are getting it what is the point really?
I’ve complied with every other requirement since the start but just couldn’t see the purpose this time.

I still get no results found from the whatsapp chat, but this time for some reason it says if you did it more than 72 hours ago to fill out this form at a website that it links to. Using Google translate to translate the site throws off the calendar part of the form that you must complete, but it works when the translation is turned off. I submitted the form and waiting to see if that’ll work.

Back