San Telmo restaurant - where to go?

sinagua980

Registered
My wife and I are wanting to head to San Telmo for dinner tonight. Thought we'd get some of your expert opinions.

Looking to sit down for a while.
Spend no more than AR$160 total (we don't drink much).

Thanks in advance!

Not sure, what you are looking for, but you might want to consider one of these...

- For decent steaks at reasonable prices you may want to check out the Gran Parilla del Plata at Chile and Peru(http://www.parrilladelplata.com/) - pretty crowded by backbacker folks though, at times.

- If you are rather looking for something else then steak, I can recommend Brasserie Petanque at Defensa and Mexico (www.brasseriepetanque.com) - well worth a visit, could be a bit out of the budget though, if it was meant for the both of you together.

Both places are likely to be crowded tonight - call upfront to make a reservation!
Happy Dining!

My favorite place in San Telmo is Brasserie Petanque. AR $160 will only cover two entrees and cubiertos, though (and maybe a bottle of water) -- I say you splurge a bit so you can sample one of their delicious French-style desserts.

Two votes for Brasserie Petanque. That's where we're going! Thanks. And, we'll splurge. Just didn't want to get recommendations for the super expensive.

Dobar Tek, San Juan altura 500. Reasonably priced delicious Croatian food. They work March-December. Summers they work on the coast, in Miramar

Jadranka and her Argentine husband Daniel are really nice

Dinner was excellent. Expensive, but excellent. Thanks for the recommendation.

And to you, Mr. Random-Off-Topic Guy MasChicoTenes:
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun."
-Ecclesiastes 8:15

Or if you're not the biblical type:

"Eat, drink and be merry
For tomorrow we die."
-Dave Matthews

Another vote for Cafe Rivas if you head back to San Telmo for dinner at some point. Excellent food, very affordable entrees (you would pay double in Palermo), and the last time I went they had live jazz music. Gorgeous interior as well.

Territorio on Bolívar and Estados Unidos is also great. If you're into Japanese, check out Comedor Nikkai on Independencia, or the other location on Defensa (same menu and a nice view of Defensa if you get a table by the window.)

Back