Scientists find "perfect" face

iStar

Registered
Scientists believe they have worked out the dimensions of the most attractive female face.

They say the key to the ideal arrangement of female facial features is the measurements between the eyes, mouth and ears.
Applying their results, the Canadian pop singer Shania Twain was rated as having the perfect visage.

_46952487_000208471-1.jpg

Scientists Conclude that the distance between the eyes and mouth should be one third, or more precisely 36% of the total length of the face, starting from the forehead to the chin’.

‘For the width, the gap between female pupils should be slightly less than half, 46% of the total width of the face from ear to ear’. According to the researchers ‘these features coincide with those of a normal face’.

And that “Women who do not fit with the perfect dimensions doesn´t need to draw on extreme measures, such as plastic surgery. They said hairstyles could be used in effect to create an optical illusion.

Professor Kang Lee, director of the study, said: “Angelina Jolie´s beauty does not match with this ‘golden’ features”.

_46952577_006503705-1.jpg

And that ‘The British actress Elizabeth Hurley match with the dimension of height, but not with the width.”

_46953027_001178101-1.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8421076.stm

Ah but Elizabeth Hurley does have the perfect boobies, comes up trumps for me every time.
Drifting off into a fantasy world now:D

This french advertising campain suggests that a perfect "golden ruled face' wouldnt really matter that much after all to be attractive :)

13977-119.jpg

Translation : "Watch my eyes...I said my eyes!" ;)

Sorry it took me about an hour before I got to her face.:eek:

I find Shania Twain only moderately attractive. I have always fantasized about Elizabeth Hurley (although she's pretty and does have nice breasts, her voice and her accent [me being from the States] just sends chills up and down my spine), and Angelina Jolie is hot.

Adriana - I don't think the guys (including me) who find Angelina hot really care if she is a maneater, because we all know we'll never actually meet her, much less have a chance to do anything else. It's a fantasy. Guys are very visual related to love and sex while women are much more cerebral.

As far as what the "scientists" are supposedly saying with their measurements - well, I am a man of science myself, but there are some things that science should just stay out of and this is obviously one of them.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not necessarly in the measuring stick ;)

Back