secure mail servie to US

JennPiscopo

Registered
Hi all,

I have to mail documents to the US that contain secure financial information (they have to be the originals; no scans or faxes). I am a bit nervous about doing so, as they contain information that could allow someone to steal my identity. They also need to arrive by May 1.

Are there any secure, private services that I could use? Or, an I am being foolish, and will "Correo Argentino" be ok?

Thanks,
Jenn Piscopo

Jenn, I would use FedEx. Pack the documents in a sealed envelope, inside the FedEx envelope. So long it is ONLY documents (no CDs, etc.), customs will likely not open the package. If the scanners see a CD or something else, and you declared it as "documents" they may open it. But we mail docs from time to time via FedEx this way, and never had them opened.

I think Correo Argentino is OK with two conditions

1. You send it by certified mail.
2. You send it from the central post office (Peron 300).

Fedex is better, but much more expensive.

igor said:
I think Correo Argentino is OK with two conditions

1. You send it by certified mail.
2. You send it from the central post office (Peron 300).

Fedex is better, but much more expensive.

I think that Correo Argentino has become hugely better than it used to be. From my experience of 'losing' about 50% of packets both inbound and outbound up to about five years ago to today when I have lost just one in the last two years, I would agree with your clause one and two in almost every circumstance but if the documents are essential, confidential and irreplaceable then I'd hesitate to entrust them to the Post Office. FedEx.

Back