Security in Don Julio

Not going to Vietnam in the first place would have eliminated the need for a decision (good or bad / hard or soft).
Very easy decision: If we don´t break it. there is nothing to fix.
Same goes for every sh*thole (the list is long) and every unwanted people around the world.

The US has interfered in the ME (and elsewhere) for decades and it has only caused grief. The arms industry thrives and US corporations, military contractors etc, make great fortunes. But it's not just the US that bears responsibility. The European colonial powers did the same, now the USSR and its successor. More recently China has its tentacles all over the world grabbing natural resources. The crisis in Syria involves the Russians as much as the Americans, not to mention the Iranians and the Saudis. The Saudis, incidentally, should be accepting refugees but they refuse to.

I don't agree with your description of Syria. It is an ancient civilization with a long tradition of scholarship and learning and a significant Christian population that has been severely persecuted since this war began. From what I have read, however, the refugees in Germany are mostly not among the well educated of Syria and are mostly young men and not families. Hopefully they will eventually assimilate and accept liberal German social values but the record in France and other parts of Europe has not been encouraging.

The US has interfered in the ME (and elsewhere) for decades and it has only caused grief. The arms industry thrives and US corporations, military contractors etc, make great fortunes. But it's not just the US that bears responsibility. The European colonial powers did the same, now the USSR and its successor. More recently China has its tentacles all over the world grabbing natural resources. The crisis in Syria involves the Russians as much as the Americans, not to mention the Iranians and the Saudis. The Saudis, incidentally, should be accepting refugees but they refuse to.

I don't agree with your description of Syria. It is an ancient civilization with a long tradition of scholarship and learning and a significant Christian population that has been severely persecuted since this war began. From what I have read, however, the refugees in Germany are mostly not among the well educated of Syria and are mostly young men and not families. Hopefully they will eventually assimilate and accept liberal German social values but the record in France and other parts of Europe has not been encouraging.
It will take decades to simulate/asimulate in Germany. A lot of Germans are pissed off, but they do not show that in public. Chinese racism is all on the face.

I was there eating at Don Julio when the Chinese Finance Minister ate with his group during th G20. There were about 25 security guards outside.

Back