Seeking Advice/info On Ba Job Market And Internships

waandr

Registered
Hi There

I am seeking general advice and information on what I should expect when loooking for employment opportunities and internships in BA.

I am hopoing to eventually attain an official visa to work in Argentina. After a significant amount of research (having read almost every blog on the topic), I understand that this is quite a challenge, and specifically finding a company to sponsor such a visa and application process. In order to get my foot in the door, I am looking for unpaid internships. Welcome any and all advice on the job market in BA, the visa application process and expat life in BA in general. Also seeking specific advice on the following:

1) My background is in economics and finacial administration (4 years experience, economics/business management qualifications). What companies/multinationals should I target for unpaid internships with a view to attaining full time employment.

2) How long can I expect the visa applicion process take from attainment of employment to attainment of visa and DNI?

3) I am aware off the current issues facing the national economy and have heard that the jobs market is difficult. What is the jobs market like in general at the moment and what should my expectations be given that hiring a foreign citizen comes with additional costs and delays?

4) What can someone starting as an entry level financial analyst/administrator expect to earn as a salary?

5) Any valuable resources and all of the above?

Incase its relevant, I am an Australian citizen with a experience/qualifications in economics, business management and financial adminstration. I have intermediate to high proficiency in Spanish.

Thanks in advance,

Will

If you are under 30, check this out.

http://csidn.mrecic.gov.ar/en/content/work-and-holiday-visa-argentina-australia-0

Argentina sucks for finding jobs. But it can be very open for start-ups and freelancers. I would suggest you reframe your search and become CEO of U inc.

Best target would be Aussie Multinationals....check with Consulate :cool:

Feel free to PM me with your LinkedIN profile link and I can check with our Financial team at MercadoLibre if there are any openings paid or unpaid. They've sponsored foreigners before with no issues

If you are under 30, check this out.

http://csidn.mrecic....ina-australia-0

Wow, can't believe this actually exists and I only just fund out about it.

Would you happen to know if previous recent travel in Argentina/South America would in any way preclude me from a successful application? Specifically I'm refering to the clause 1 of the declaration:

"My primary intention is to travel to and holiday in Argentina with employment being an incidental rather than a primary reason for the visit."... Seems if they checked my passport they would figure out pretty easily that I'd already done pretty extensive travel recently.

Wow, can't believe this actually exists and I only just fund out about it.

Would you happen to know if previous recent travel in Argentina/South America would in any way preclude me from a successful application? Specifically I'm refering to the clause 1 of the declaration:

"My primary intention is to travel to and holiday in Argentina with employment being an incidental rather than a primary reason for the visit."... Seems if they checked my passport they would figure out pretty easily that I'd already done pretty extensive travel recently.

I would contact the Argentine Consulate nearest you to find out for sure.

I am involved with that and I can tell you that multinationals right now will not risk the AFIP (IRS) to hire anybody without legal documentation. There have been cases in the latter part of 2014 where some places got a huge fine, it was not big on the news.

It is importnat to be legal and the only way is that you have your documentation, it takes a while to process that, or you are a registered student at an Argentine Institution. I have worked with three attorneys in the past two months and they all said the same. I have also met with employers. Don't be full a lot of folks put themselves at risk by doing things illegally but due to recent dynamics things are changing. People put themselves at high risk by hiring you in those conditions. Do not go for big places.

I am involved with that and I can tell you that multinationals right now will not risk the AFIP (IRS) to hire anybody without legal documentation. There have been cases in the latter part of 2014 where some places got a huge fine, it was not big on the news.

It is importnat to be legal and the only way is that you have your documentation, it takes a while to process that, or you are a registered student at an Argentine Institution. I have worked with three attorneys in the past two months and they all said the same. I have also met with employers. Don't be full a lot of folks put themselves at risk by doing things illegally but due to recent dynamics things are changing. People put themselves at high risk by hiring you in those conditions. Do not go for big places.

Thanks Supercharged, usefull advice.

I assume when you say "don't go for the big places", you mean without the proper visa/paperwork/authorization?

Back