Seeking expat Speaker on Doing Business in Argentina

nataliasarro

Registered
Hi All

I am seeking an expat living in BA to deliver a 2-hour session to an English- speaking expat arriving to Argentina, as part of a 2-day intercultural training program. The focus of the session is to share their personal experience and good practices on Doing Business in Argentina, working with Argentines and strategies to motivate Argentinian staff at workplace, from an expat perspective.

Requirements:

Native from UK, USA or France.
Has been living and working in Argentina for 2+ years.
Experience managing work teams composed by Argentine locals.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent English skills - oral and written level.
Open-minded, extroverted, intercultural oriented.
Previous teaching/ training experience preferred.
Working experience within agro - or biotechnological industry in Argentina preferred.

If you or someone you know meets these requirements, please send your CV to [email protected]

Warm regards

Natalia Sarro
Intercultural Consultant & Psychologist
Bs As, Argentina
www.nomadasglobales.blogspot.com

Can I ask why this person must be a native of one of the three countries you list?

Hi Mini

sure. The reason is methodological: because the participant who is going to receive the session has a mixed background from those 3 cultures mentioned above.

I´d like the speaker´s cultural background to be similar to the participant´s one, as this will help make relevant cross-cultural comparisons. The main objective of the whole training is to develop intercultural awareness and help the participant overcome possible difficulties arising from cultural differences.

Thanks
Natalia

Oh. Thanks. If it was just a question of languages I could have gotten in touch with a couple of people. But they are not from those countries.
Good luck!

I'd be glad to help, I qualify under all conditions EXCEPT the last two....

I can add if it´s useful that there is an interesting article written by Geert Hofstede about it. He is an influential Dutch expert on the interactions between national cultures and organizational cultures, and is an author of several books including Culture´s Consequences and Cultures and Organizations, Software of the Mind.
"Hofstede demonstrated that there are national and regional cultural groupings that affect the behaviour of organisations, and that are very persistent across time. He has identified five dimensions of culture in his study of national influences: power distance, individualism vs. collectivism, masculinity vs. feminity, uncertainly avoidance and long vs. short term orientation..."
More details in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofstede

nataliasarro said:
Hi All

I am seeking an expat living in BA to deliver a 2-hour session to an English- speaking expat arriving to Argentina, as part of a 2-day intercultural training program. The focus of the session is to share their personal experience and good practices on Doing Business in Argentina, working with Argentines and strategies to motivate Argentinian staff at workplace, from an expat perspective.

Requirements:

Native from UK, USA or France.
Has been living and working in Argentina for 2+ years.
Experience managing work teams composed by Argentine locals.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent English skills - oral and written level.
Open-minded, extroverted, intercultural oriented.
Previous teaching/ training experience preferred.
Working experience within agro - or biotechnological industry in Argentina preferred.

If you or someone you know meets these requirements, please send your CV to [email protected]

Warm regards

Natalia Sarro
Intercultural Consultant & Psychologist
Bs As, Argentina
www.nomadasglobales.blogspot.com

Hi, I would be glad to help too, I qualify on all your requirements except the last 7 and about the first one I have a 6 month visa for the US but have never actually been there will that count? I would be willing to do some training to get more qualified since it appears to be a lucrative and long term position.

What level of honesty is required or allowed? For instance in Argentine agriculture you will find the reported yields declared for tax purposes to be substantially lower than those estimated by the ministry of Agriculture. As, for instance, soya has a 30% sales tax regardless of whether the business is profitable or not, this is a sensible way of smoothing the curve. Some crop may be held in crop and not sold, some may be sold at a discount in the "black", some may just be juggled around accounting dates.

Sadly this is the reality of doing business in Argentina and means that the unprepared would have been wiped out by last years drought, while the prepared reintroduced black money to make up the losses.

Is this what you are looking for?

Hi Miles Lewis

I appreciate your insight on Argentine agriculture.
Reality can be sad sometimes. Unfortunately I am not in a position to discuss this topic, since agro business it is not my area of expertise.
I am looking for a a professional who can share his/her personal experience in a business setting with my expat client, whether it is positive or negative experience.

Thanks
Natalia

Back