Seeking Organic & Paleo/primal Food Buddies (And Info)

I would be up for this! Does anyone have a rough idea of the price though? Trying to reduce my spending...

A first update: in their website on the menu page (but nowere else) thay say "estamos de mudanza, volvemos el 1 de febrero" (http://como-sapiens.com/menu/). Not sure if they are changing the menu or the location or what. I am double checking by email and let y know. In case itis just a matter of menu change and we can go: it woul be a dinner, right? Mid nex week?

A first update: in their website on the menu page (but nowere else) thay say "estamos de mudanza, volvemos el 1 de febrero" (http://como-sapiens.com/menu/). Not sure if they are changing the menu or the location or what. I am double checking by email and let y know. In case itis just a matter of menu change and we can go: it woul be a dinner, right? Mid nex week?

I leave for the US Wednesday morning, and Tuesday I'm going to a milonga. I'll be back mid-March, though and if the BAExpat paleo dinner happens in-between my sojourns here, I look forward to hearing all about it!

We wait for you to come back then: they nevr replied to my email, I guess this means they are closed....hav a safe trip back, we will try to resist the humidity and electricity shortage here :) anna

We wait for you to come back then: they nevr replied to my email, I guess this means they are closed....hav a safe trip back, we will try to resist the humidity and electricity shortage here :) anna

Thanks, Anna. I look forward to seeing you all in a couple of months!

Does anyone know a good source for quality fish?
I know chinatown obviously has a good range, and the Jumbo on av bullrich has some....
But does anyone know about the quality of the fish??

I'm not usually a fish eater but am trying to increase my intake and i want to start with good quality stuff.

I did hear about a pescaderia somewhere in alto palermo that's meant to be good quality, but i can't remember where...

Any ideas??

Today I found a place in Recoleta that sells free-range eggs and chicken from the Coeco cooperative: http://www.coeco.com.ar

They sell all kinds of organic foodstuffs, actually (including milk and yogurt), but are just getting started so the selection is still limited. The place is called Carrot Almacén Orgánico and it's at Juncal 2358 (near Pueyrredón). Phone number is 5778 0115.

I asked about grass-fed beef and Eduardo, the owner, said that he has been trying to source it but that a lot of times he is finding that the grass itself is genetically modified so he is still looking - he is very passionate about organic food and does a lot of research, visits suppliers personally etc. He hopes to have the beef and a delivery service up and running by March/ April time. He also mentioned that he is open to suggestions in terms of which items to carry.

I asked about grass-fed beef and Eduardo, the owner, said that he has been trying to source it but that a lot of times he is finding that the grass itself is genetically modified so he is still looking - he is very passionate about organic food and does a lot of research, visits suppliers personally etc. He hopes to have the beef and a delivery service up and running by March/ April time. He also mentioned that he is open to suggestions in terms of which items to carry.

Now you're talking!! Sounds like good news, homeinbuenosaires! I'm back in the US for 6 weeks (eating grass fed beef from Whole Foods), but Aleina Dee and I have continued discussing this, and are looking for resources. Great that your guy is passionate about organic food and wary about "bad grass".

Do you have an email address for Eduardo? I have found a his Facebook page, at least.

By the way, I was getting pastured eggs and organic poultry delivered weekly with my organic produce by El Rincon Organico. The chicken parts were beautiful and delicious. Eggs particularly good, too.

Now you're talking!! Sounds like good news, homeinbuenosaires! I'm back in the US for 6 weeks (eating grass fed beef from Whole Foods), but Aleina Dee and I have continued discussing this, and are looking for resources. Great that your guy is passionate about organic food and wary about "bad grass".

Do you have an email address for Eduardo? I have found a his Facebook page, at least.

By the way, I was getting pastured eggs and organic poultry delivered weekly with my organic produce by El Rincon Organico. The chicken parts were beautiful and delicious. Eggs particularly good, too.

Helaine: his email address is [email protected] - I don't know if he speaks English or not.

I've actually been a vegetarian for over 20 years and don't eat eggs myself (and not really having dairy at the moment either), but I like to support these people and shops/ restaurants when I find them. I've seen too many go out of business since I arrived in 2003, and of course as a vegetarian I like to see happy chickens like the ones pictured on Coeco's site!

I've found a couple of other interesting new shops in the neighborhood, one exclusively organic, and one vegan where I found food grade hydrogen peroxide at long last! I'll be posting about that one soon.

Back