Sell Bitcoin

Macanudo

Registered
Looking for a recommendation on what Exchange to use to buy and sell bitcoin. A couple of years ago I set up a Coinbase account from Argentina without using a VPN, but have never been able to use it from here. Anyone buying and selling Bitcoin and other crypto currencies successfully from Argentina? I’d like to use my US bank account if possible.

i've connected to my US crypto accounts from here without an issue - do you not have a VPN?

you don't want to be buying crypto here anyway (meaning with your ARG bank funds) unless you have pesos you are dying to get rid of.

i've connected to my US crypto accounts from here without an issue - do you not have a VPN?

you don't want to be buying crypto here anyway (meaning with your ARG bank funds) unless you have pesos you are dying to get rid of.

I have some cryptos that I want to sell. A friend helped me buy them with his account that he set up while in the US. Since I signed up for my Coinbase account from here, now even with a VPN they somehow know, or treat me as if I'm in Argentina. Looking for an exchange that allows me to sell now, perferrably using my US bank account.with the possiblility of buying back sometime next year.

i see. unless you can find a buyer on localbitcoins who will pay you in paypal or something. i dont think it is possible to sell here and get money in your US account. if you open another account here you would not be able to connect your US bank to it.

can't you just ask your friend to sell them off and transfer you the money? or where are the coins now, in a hard wallet?

Looking for a recommendation on what Exchange to use to buy and sell bitcoin. A couple of years ago I set up a Coinbase account from Argentina without using a VPN, but have never been able to use it from here. Anyone buying and selling Bitcoin and other crypto currencies successfully from Argentina? I’d like to use my US bank account if possible.

Coinbase works for me in Argentina. Use pro.coinbase.com the commissions are much cheaper. Cash App also has reasonable fees.

i see. unless you can find a buyer on localbitcoins who will pay you in paypal or something. i dont think it is possible to sell here and get money in your US account. if you open another account here you would not be able to connect your US bank to it.

can't you just ask your friend to sell them off and transfer you the money? or where are the coins now, in a hard wallet?

I would rather not have to send money through my friend's account because of tax implications and general imposition of his time. I chatted with a rep at Kraken today and have opened an account with them. We'll see how that goes.

Coinbase works for me in Argentina. Use pro.coinbase.com the commissions are much cheaper. Cash App also has reasonable fees.

Someone mentioned Cash App on another thread and I did a little research on that. I'll look into pro coinbase. Is there a monthly fee?. Did you sign up from Argentina and do they know that you are here? When I went to my coinbase account today it said I could only use the convert option.

Someone mentioned Cash App on another thread and I did a little research on that. I'll look into pro coinbase. Is there a monthly fee?. Did you sign up from Argentina and do they know that you are here? When I went to my coinbase account today it said I could only use the convert option.

No monthly fees on coinbase pro, but the interface is less user friendly than the regular coinbase. I don't remember where I was at the time that I signed up, but I wouldn't think it would matter as long as you still have a US drivers license, address, bank account.

I would use a vpn for the sign up and then you can probably login here no problem afterward.

I haven't used Kraken before, but they are a popular exchange.

I've sold BTC through BitStamp.net and deposited from there directly to a US bank account.

I've also sold through LocalBitcoin taking payment through Paypal to get it to the U.S. If you use LocalBitcoin, just look for buyers with high numbers of good feedback. There are plenty of people who have thousands of positive feedback who are trustworthy. They'll often pay better than the current rate as well for using Paypal.

If you do not mind paying fees, coinbase is ok, if you want lower fees, you could consider binance. Both these exchanges require you to go through an identification process.

Back