Sell Bitcoin

If you do not mind paying fees, coinbase is ok, if you want lower fees, you could consider binance. Both these exchanges require you to go through an identification process.

And this is why I have such a hard time understanding the claims that Bitcoin is a "game changer". Not saying it isn't, just saying that I am having a real hard time seeing it (this thread as an example).

And this is why I have such a hard time understanding the claims that Bitcoin is a "game changer". Not saying it isn't, just saying that I am having a real hard time seeing it (this thread as an example).
I won't go into it because it's off topic for this thread, but it's very easy to conduct transactions with BTC very anonymously without ever going through any organized exchange that requires identification.

It allows you to spend money digitally as if it were cash.... untraceable if you want to construct the transactions that way.

I won't go into it because it's off topic for this thread, but it's very easy to conduct transactions with BTC very anonymously without ever going through any organized exchange that requires identification.

It allows you to spend money digitally as if it were cash.... untraceable if you want to construct the transactions that way.

Where and how can I purchase goods or trade cryptos for pesos in Buenos Aires?

Where and how can I purchase goods or trade cryptos for pesos in Buenos Aires?
LocalBitcoins can help you find people willing to exchange pesos. Some will pay through bank transfers or Mercado Pago. You can also find some willing to exchange cash in person as well. (Although with the current financial climate it's probably fairly dangerous to meet someone you don't know to exchange money)

As far as buying goods, I don't know at the moment. I have mainly used BTC to move money around, not to buy anything. I'm sure if you ask sellers on Mercado Libre you'll find some willing to take Bitcoin.

Finally ended up using Satoshitango to sell my cryptos and transferred the pesos to Mercado Pago. They have a buy and sell rate spread similar to what you would find at your local cueva. Thanks for the advice given by board members.

Congratulations, the US got you cryptocurrency regulation for Christmas

Under new proposed regulations from the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, it may become much easier for the government to track bitcoin transactions. And while there’s currently a 15-day comment period open, cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase and the Electronic Frontier Foundation are calling foul because that period includes Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.

Finally ended up using Satoshitango to sell my cryptos and transferred the pesos to Mercado Pago. They have a buy and sell rate spread similar to what you would find at your local cueva. Thanks for the advice given by board members.
what was the paper work like?

Provide your ID, best if it’s an Argentine DNI because USA residents are not allowed. Your Argentine cell phone number. Proof of address that matches your ID. A photo of yourself with your ID in one hand and a self made sign that says quiero comprar cripto monedas en Satoshitango. com in the other hand. If you’re a resident of almost any other country than the USA you can probably use Satoshitango by providing your info.

Coinbase works for me in Argentina. Use pro.coinbase.com the commissions are much cheaper. Cash App also has reasonable fees.
CashApp worked great with my US account. Fees to buy/sell are about 1.2% for amounts over $2,000 USD, 1.7% for $1,000 USD, 2.2% for $100 USD. Very user friendly and works easily with a Ledger wallet.

CashApp worked great with my US account. Fees to buy/sell are about 1.2% for amounts over $2,000 USD, 1.7% for $1,000 USD, 2.2% for $100 USD. Very user friendly and works easily with a Ledger wallet.
I've used CashApp to send $ from US to UK, but does Argentina have CashApp?

Back