Selling A Car / Buying Another Car - Help?

Just out of curiosity, what automatic transmission are you going for? We're also in the market to get an automatic and it's not easy so far ...

We're looking primarily for a recent model used Toyota. That same concesionario is keep an eye out for us. He had a RAV4, but we did not want to spend that much.

I'll be selling my modest Fiat Palio 1.6 (1999) next year. 155000 kms for now (bought it from a member of this forum 2 years ago who had it for 4 or 5 years). Will be a reliable & cheap car (changed the distribution belt as a preventive maintenance, etc.).

Just out of curiosity, what automatic transmission are you going for? We're also in the market to get an automatic and it's not easy so far ...

I got the VW Bora with an automatic transmission. Nice thing is that there are a million Boras on the road so no problem with parts and the like.

At Toyota, if domestic sold models ( Japan only ) the entire durability of its components expected life longevity: Engine,Trans,Differential,Axles,Suspension compo,electronics, etc, normally to the tune of up to 500 k miles. 90% of vehicles
gets traded-replaced for newer vehicles around 5 year term..

However noticed that those
models for exports to: Europe, Africa-Middle east, North Anerica ( US ~ Canada ) plus models for central to south america up the durability to 650 k miles and that is beyound 1.000.000 Km of hard driving. Same durability standard is applied whether vehicle assembled in factories within Japan or produced elsewhere..

Toyota Argentina sells plenty of their made in Argentina vehicles abroad. So each time, anyone wanting to import into the Argie, one must sell an X amount and taking in the revenue to be able to import for their business countinuity. Toyota branded vehicle should be in stocks mostly...Besides, Toyota/Lexus brands last a long,long time without requiring constant servicing. But to sell your "Cherry" made in China perhaps a bit difficult ? You can certainly expecting a big _low ball_ offer on a trade-in from any Auto dealer agencies there in BsAs..
So good luck in selling your Cherry car.
Sorry. You won't find a Lexus dealer here. Several years ago there was a dealer in Olivos that sold gray market Lexus cars. But no more. I brought a GS 430 with my container and sold it a few yrs later to this guy.

Sorry. You won't find a Lexus dealer here. Several years ago there was a dealer in Olivos that sold gray market Lexus cars. But no more. I brought a GS 430 with my container and sold it a few yrs later to this guy.

OK, so lemme guess, you flipped that GS 430 to a dealer for a tidy, my hunch tells me, US$10k profit!...I'm tellin' you, Toyota~Lexus brands people pay premium for them...And why not, it only needs oil changes and tire replacement, brake pads and a few minor inspection that cost nothing...No costly tune ups. Best "over engineered vehicles" in the world..

I drove it and I loved it for 3 yrs and yes, I sold it for a profit. Lexus is very rare and very prised. I hated to sell the car but it became way to risky. You are a target in a car like that. Both for the police and the criminals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ben Expat Life 5
nicoenarg Expat Life 0
J Services Offered 0
E Expat Life 9
A Expat Life 2
Back