Selling gold and silver coins for apartment

I don't have that experience. Of course, if you try to sell to a dealer, they will take advantage. But if I take my Morgans or Peace dollars to the coin fair here, the gentlemen offer me far more than what I would get in the States. The same for my historic gold coins. Also, if you look, you see people selling Eagles and other bullion coins for over 60,000 pesos a coin on Mercadolibre.
What size eagles are you referencing? 60,000 pesos for a 1oz. eagle isn't very appealing!!

What size eagles are you referencing? 60,000 pesos for a 1oz. eagle isn't very appealing!!
60k is great for a silver eagle, if you can get it. Let us know if you actually find someone buying at that price and conclude the transaction successfully.

60k is great for a silver eagle, if you can get it. Let us know if you actually find someone buying at that price and conclude the transaction successfully.
Oh, ok wasn’t tracking, when I heard eagles thought gold, so 60k pesos didn’t compute.

thanks to all. just reading this. i wont excede the true amount. when i was playing with numismatic coins ( old and uncirculated) i also dealt with a company in florida by mail. its a federal crime to tamper with the mail in the US.

The true amount of what and where? There is no mint here, and it's difficult to enter the country with metal. People want a truly private investment they can hold physically. Only precious metals can provide this. Price is on the way up.

The true amount of what and where? There is no mint here, and it's difficult to enter the country with metal. People want a truly private investment they can hold physically. Only precious metals can provide this. Price is on the way up.
you can buy silver granule under spot here. if people buy without comprovantes, later, they will have trouble proving to AFIP where the money came from, so unless you kept detailed receipts on where you bought your metals they will not be of any more use to anyone than just buying granule.

i've lost more money on metals than I have on every vice in life I've ever had, and I've had plenty of vices. encouraging people to "invest" in precious metals is intellectually dishonest at best. they're insurance.

you can buy silver granule under spot here. if people buy without comprovantes, later, they will have trouble proving to AFIP where the money came from, so unless you kept detailed receipts on where you bought your metals they will not be of any more use to anyone than just buying granule.

i've lost more money on metals than I have on every vice in life I've ever had, and I've had plenty of vices. encouraging people to "invest" in precious metals is intellectually dishonest at best. they're insurance.
I had no problem selling well above spot at the coin fair this Sunday. Sounds like you bought too high and don't know how to sell. Sorry about that.

This may not be the best place to ask as it may be viewed as a different topic, but I feel it's related so here goes. I look at precious metals like it appears Shane does, it's insurance. I feel that the value of precious metals have remained stable over millennia, it's just the fiat currency that varies, making the metal appear to fluctuate. A once of gold still buys roughly the same amount of stuff as it did 50, 100, or 1000 years ago. So I thought that with the crazy inflation here, that the locals who make their living in pesos, would want to convert their pesos into something else, something stable as quickly as possible. As evidenced in the housing boom here in the Calamuchita valley. However, every time I try and sell a gold eagle all I get is lowball offers, or, naw not interested. What am I doing wrong? Is there a place in Argentina where one can safely sell gold coins for over spot?

This may not be the best place to ask as it may be viewed as a different topic, but I feel it's related so here goes. I look at precious metals like it appears Shane does, it's insurance. I feel that the value of precious metals have remained stable over millennia, it's just the fiat currency that varies, making the metal appear to fluctuate. A once of gold still buys roughly the same amount of stuff as it did 50, 100, or 1000 years ago. So I thought that with the crazy inflation here, that the locals who make their living in pesos, would want to convert their pesos into something else, something stable as quickly as possible. As evidenced in the housing boom here in the Calamuchita valley. However, every time I try and sell a gold eagle all I get is lowball offers, or, naw not interested. What am I doing wrong? Is there a place in Argentina where one can safely sell gold coins for over spot?
If the person who bought coins over spot from Shane, above spot even, is so eager to buy, surely Shane wouldn't mind sharing where one could find this buyer, as he must desperately need more inventory if he is paying above spot and certainly wouldn't mind the extra business.

Locals convert their savings into USD, but many are starting to learn that there is USD inflation as well. Bitcoin is catching on in Argentina.

Back