Senasa

cruizes

Registered
OK I have to admit that I am so confused today!

I went to the

SENASA
Unidad Regional Operativa
Paseo Colon 367
(1063 ACD) Ciudad Autonoma
de Buenos Aires

and tried to explain that I needed an exit certificate so I could take my dog by car to Chile and Uruguay.

The guy there said that the certificates were not issued at this office.

Anybody know what I need to do?

Thanks

First your dog needs to see a vet. The vet will give you the proper paperwork that you have to bring to Puero Madero (not sure what the place is called but the vet will know).
The vet visit is necessary as the animal needs to be in proper health before traveling and a certificate that is mandatory.
Here's an English speaking vet that's good and that does house visits:

Federico Curra Gagliano
http://movilvet.com.ar/

As Orwellian said, you need to go to the vet first & if you want (and are near by) I can send you to the vet my puppies go to. They will go to Puerto Madero for you.

I've never been to Chile but travel regularly to Uruguay with my dogs. I'm attaching this guideline - hope it helps.

First, go to your vet for:
-- A valid rabies vaccine - the certificate must be at least a month old and under a year old.
-- A health certificate from a vet, dated not more than ten days before the trip.

Then, get together:
1 - the health certificate,
2 - the original rabies certificate,
3 - a photocopy of that certificate,
4 - a photocopy of your ID.

Then go to SENASA to get the proper exit papers. The “LAZARETO” is in Dock Sud: Elvira Rawson de Dellepiane corner Av. Calabriais - open on weekdays from 10:30-15:30 hs. - phone 4362–5755.

They will give you official exit papers for your dog. Remember that they are good for TEN DAYS only.

The whole thing takes half an hour and forty pesos. Your vet may do this - mine charges a hundred and fifty pesos. The only tricky part is remembering the deadlines - the rest is simple.

Here’s a link to SENASA’s pet travel regulations: (in Spanish)

http://www.senasa.gov.ar/contenido.php?to=n&in=1090&io=5189

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Travelbug0601 Expat Life 3
Quinn Expat Life 1
Back