Sending Alfajores to the United States

shannonw_55

Registered
Hello all!

I was hoping that someone may have some advice as to how to ship a box of delicious Havana alfajores to the United States. I went to the post office the other day, and they said that sending food was not permitted. I know people send care packages through the mail all the time, so there has got to be a way, right!?

Does anyone know where I can find a bubble mailer to pack the item myself? Any other ideas? BTW: I live in Palermo Soho. Thank you all for your help!

Shannon

Like with most things in Buenos Aires, when one person says no, just go find someone that says yes. I have sent alfajores on multi occasions along with different types of candies. Just be prepared to pay more in postage than you did for the alfajores. Last time I sent a half a kilo of something back to the USA it was about 180 pesos for the cheapest.

I always use the blue and yellow Correo boxes. The have different numbers depending on the size 1,2 3. You should get by with a 1.

There is a decent post office on Sante Fe between the Plaza Italia and S.Ortiz subte stations on the side of the street across from the Botanical gardens.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

I go back and forth between Miami and BA every week working for the airlines. Let me know I I can help with mailing the Alfajores from Miami. I just charge you a small "service fee" for this kind of thing!

I sent you a private message too!

Regards,
T. Johnson

Why not set up a food mule service for the things people want so badly?

shannonw_55 said:
Hello all!

I was hoping that someone may have some advice as to how to ship a box of delicious Havana alfajores to the United States. I went to the post office the other day, and they said that sending food was not permitted. I know people send care packages through the mail all the time, so there has got to be a way, right!?

Does anyone know where I can find a bubble mailer to pack the item myself? Any other ideas? BTW: I live in Palermo Soho. Thank you all for your help!

Shannon

You can do it directly from United States through Internet.

Amigofoods

eBay in Texas, United States, Havanna Alfajores!! Mixed Merengue and Chocolate coated $33 + $7 dollars delivery

Add. because first link seems to be out of stock

Why do you want to complicate your life... and maybe at the same time it's cheap too :D

FYI, most Argentenians and many people want the Havana brand of alfajores and that web site shows that they are OUT OF STOCK! But thanks for the heads up on that website. I can recommend it to quite a few Argentenians I know in the States who are having alfajores withdrawal like some Yankees for peanut butter and Dr. Pepper!

And that website has a lot of nerve charging 40 bucks for a box of 12 dulce de leche HAVANA cakes! Wow....expensive and not in stock! Hmmmmm Probably does not include shipping either!

kre8ivelyXposed said:
And that website has a lot of nerve charging 40 bucks for a box of 12 dulce de leche HAVANA cakes! Wow....expensive and not in stock! Hmmmmm Probably does not include shipping either!

...and what do you think it will be the cost if she/he send it directly from here?

Out of stock link, fixed

Back