Sending money by Airtm

jlynch

Registered
for those tired of western union running out of cupos, getting all notes in 100's there is also the option of sending funds to airtm virtual USD account.
Funds can be extracted via the following methods with Uala giving the best rate of 158.82 per USD which is more than western union.
Also gives an option to pay for phone credit

1602787622445.png
1602787583782.png
1602787523973.png

1602787494473.png

DNI required? Thanks
Not for airtm - best to setup for the country you are from and provide authorization documents from there.
For airtm lodgements the fees depends on what source you use and currency it is in. Zelle e wallet has the lowest fees. There are also options for crypto payments etc.
As for the final payment method requiring a DNI it depends on what you chose.

Not for airtm - best to setup for the country you are from and provide authorization documents from there.
For airtm lodgements the fees depends on what source you use and currency it is in. Zelle e wallet has the lowest fees. There are also options for crypto payments etc.

Does Airtm provide an actual debit card? If I want to use it at a restaurant for example, do I still have to go to an atm and withdraw cash?

Thanks much for this info. Very valuable.

Thanks for this info I will research it more. Let me ask:
1. Do you know what would be best if you have dual citizenship?
2. Dont they have alot of fees or is that rate before or after the fees?

for those tired of western union running out of cupos, getting all notes in 100's there is also the option of sending funds to airtm virtual USD account.
Funds can be extracted via the following methods with Uala giving the best rate of 158.82 per USD which is more than western union.
Also gives an option to pay for phone credit

View attachment 7390
View attachment 7389
View attachment 7388

View attachment 7387
I've never received "all notes in 100's" from Western Union.

Does Airtm provide an actual debit card? If I want to use it at a restaurant for example, do I still have to go to an atm and withdraw cash?

its more a store of funds and then you transfer from there to a medium of choice....ie. to a mercado pago/Uala account with cards
they have the option of a once off virtual card - not rechargeable - with different fees that does not seem very useful.

airtm have jurisdiction in the US and AirUSD is a crypto stable coin (1:1 with USD) - and its mainly used in venezuela, argentina and mexico with high inflation and multiple exchange rates. There is a P2P element also for some of the transactions. The main place where fees hit seems to be sending the money first to Airtm ...and it depends on currency and source be it bank/ewallet/crypto etc

Back