Share Your Secret: Sunburnt

If you can get real aloe from a plant, even better. They can be found around BsAs.
Will try vinegar next time I get a bad burn, hadn´t heard of that.
Umbrella test: hold your hand underneath. If you can see the shadow of your hand, light is passing through and you are not getting complete protection. A white T-shirt only offers 15 SPF I read once (maybe less).

Aloe vera - the more natural the better. The aloe vera products sold in many supermarkets unfortunately only have a litte aloe vera in it - try to get 99% aloe vera content or more. Also the aloe vera gel/liquid has no color. So if the bottle or tube has some green liquid or gel in it - then it is not the real thing.

If you can get real aloe from a plant, even better. They can be found around BsAs.
Will try vinegar next time I get a bad burn, hadn´t heard of that.
Umbrella test: hold your hand underneath. If you can see the shadow of your hand, light is passing through and you are not getting complete protection. A white T-shirt only offers 15 SPF I read once (maybe less).

There's UV light even from your computer screen and light bulbs. If there's light, there's UV damage. Even car windows, with the exception of the windshield, allows UV rays to pass through which is why there is more incidence of skin cancer on the side of the body closest to the side window of the driver. The difference between a sunscreen with SPF 30 and 50 is minimal, plus a higher SPF is more irritating to the skin, causing inflammation, thus causing damage. It's also really important to check that there's UVA protection as well as UVB. Many sunscreens say they're broad spectrum but if you check the ingredients they off no UVA protection. If you're outdoors you have to reapply it every two hours, which is a pain in the ass, but a must. In the US I used to buy a laundry soap with UVA/UVB protection that is absorbed by natural fiber clothes so that it has UV protection incorporated into it and lasts something like ten or twenty washes.

Anyone tried these aloe gels? http://www.aloepuro.com/gel_piel.php
I've had good reviews about their hair loss products.

Aloe vera. I am just now fully recovered from a sunburn from two weeks ago. It was bad..

Back