shared working space?

BXpat said:
Are rented office spaces really much more quiet than Cafes?

Might be a naive question but it is genuine.

I have usually just worked from home, UTN or Cafes.

But I would like a place that is out of the house while keeping the noise volume down.

Co-working spaces are generally much quieter than cafes. The other benefit is just getting out of the house and being able to do some networking. I also work at home and am going to try and get out a few days a week for something different...

I was surfing around BAExpats this morning to acquaint myself with the conversations and came across this post. I’ve been working at Areatres for the past few months (as a freelance writer) and I can safely say that it’s kept me from losing my mind working in isolation. Most of the coworking spaces I’ve encountered are very similar in price (a newbie might offer a temporary discount to get people in the door), but Areatres is a great deal.

To answer the question about quiet, people are very respectful of one another while working. There are different work stations available depending on how much privacy you need. The space itself is a gem--brightly-lit, open, relaxing, conducive to work. Off the main street, with a secure entrance, I can also leave my belongings unattended, which isn’t a remote option at other work locations, public buildings or coffee shops.

The space is shared by a number of tech startups, but also other writers, and even a young woman composing a symphony. The creative energy an genial atmosphere both inspire me and help me focus.

I’m told that renting offices (which requires a lengthy lease) or establishing a business is a complicated, expensive venture here. Areatres takes care of front end logistics--providing phone service, a legitimate location, suitable meeting space, that saves a lot of individual hassle without sacrificing any professionalism. Many options are above and beyond my needs, but the management is flexible and willing to craft individual work plans. I really appreciate the care they take into putting great people in the shared space.

Well, this might be overkill for what I’ve seen posted so far--clearly I need to visit a nightlife forum next--but you shouldn’t hesitate to consider Areatres. If you come by, let the front desk know that you’d like to meet a KillerStartups writer. I’m happy to meet.

hey guys,

I actually also use areatres a few times a week and I also think it's a great spot (hey kaliles, it was nice to meet ya!).

I've been working out of the space for almost four months now and it’s been key for me actually. I’m able to get my stuff done as a writer with no hassle and I can actually concentrate there! It’s just a laid back place in which I can work hard so I can play after the work day is finished ;)

I don’t like to go to cafes to write because I find them too hectic and I don’t like having to keep an eye on my things all the time. It’s too much of a distraction for me if I want get things accomplished. Like kaliles, I appreciate that in the space you can just leave your things essentially lying at your spot and no one will touch them.

I have to say that of the workspaces I’ve used in BA, I like the amount of natural light in the “living” area of areatres. Some other places I’ve been seem a bit claustrophobic for my taste when it comes to natural light or the lack thereof. Going out to do some work on the patio out back is nice too.

(there’s also this trend of these hyper corporate-like environments which I personally find stifling)

The social element too has been nice there. Meeting Argentines and people from abroad doing interesting work has been a plus. I’ve lived in BA for a number of years now and it’s nice to see this kind of atmosphere and business down here – I really do think areatres does an excellent job with the common workspace thing and I highly recommend it.

Btw, the other people who choose to work at the space are also friendly and open, as is the staff, which makes for a nice work environment too.

Back