Shipping a box to the USA

United/Continental charges $70 a bag extra, or they did in May when I came back here and I believe you are allowed a max of 5 bags total.

have you tried contacting any shipping companies? consolidated container space per pallet crated up style? call hamburg süd and inquire

I shipped many boxes to the USA using the regular mail (¿OCA?) with no problems at all.
I would suggest though, to send the parcels either insured or certified, so they will not be lost or stolen.
Good luck

It depends on how much you have. I have shipped via FedEX and I have paid the extra baggage fee. 2 FedEX boxes cost more than 1 extra bag. The first time I used FedEX. The second time I put the same amount in 1 32in roller bag. From now on, I will donate my additional items to my friends.

Thanks for the replies. Remember, I'm not the original poster, but instead bumped this thread as it was relevant.
It's just some non-valuable items, under 15lbs, that I wouldn't want to be lugging around as I might be moving about by bus to various locations before finally flying out. That's why just paying excess baggage at the airport isn't really an option. Would prefer to send this off now. Just some papers, a few books, some tourist pamphlets, etc. Nothing worth paying for insurance or excess shipping. Possibly Correo might be the best, I assume the least expensive option of the group. Unless DHL or FedEx are offering some decent rates too. I'll check out the options and report back here eventually. Just was looking to see what others have found recently enough.

Thanks.

Back