Shipping Items From California To Buenos Aires:

TJCarlos

Registered
Hi Everyone:

I need some advise about this. I am staying in Buenos Aires for a while and there are a few things I would like to receive from California. Do any of you know whats the best way to do this ( ups, fedex ) and what the approximate cost would be? These are just canned and bottled foods. I look forward to your help on this!

Thank you all!

There is no easy way. In fact, many would say there is NO WAY, period.

The best is to find someone who is flying down, and have them bring it. Thats about the only thing that really works.

otherwise, expect about a 40% chance of getting it at all, and expect to pay about triple the value for that chance, and expect to have to go out to the airport to pay all that money to receive it.

my advice- learn to eat local.

Not to mention you'll need a CUIT or CUIL and an accountant to file the import forms.

And the food will probably be past their use by date when you finally receive them. Its probably easier if you file to become the next president of Argentina, be elected and then reduce import restrictions and employ more people at aduana.

Hi Everyone:

I need some advise about this. I am staying in Buenos Aires for a while and there are a few things I would like to receive from California. Do any of you know whats the best way to do this ( ups, fedex ) and what the approximate cost would be? These are just canned and bottled foods. I look forward to your help on this!

Thank you all!
If you used the search feature you would find 10,000 pages that say "don't bother"

Not THAT difficult!. First the cheapest way is to use the USPO service. Send the food in a standard USPO box. Its size is like a shoe box. Use more than one box if necessary. Send it insured for 20 USD or so to have a tracking number.
If you do not have a DNI, have it sent to a friend with one. Enter the AFIP page and fill the forms,etc pay the customs duties if any , you can use a one time 50 USD a year free limit.
Then go to to Correo Internacional in Retiro and pick the stuff. EASY

Worth a try Henry ;) If everything turns out ok, Ill let you know and share some tequila ;)

Thank you very much!

Worth a try Henry ;) If everything turns out ok, Ill let you know and share some tequila ;)

Thank you very much!
Don't send the tequila. And don't think this will be as easy as it sounds.

Back