Shipping Items From Home

Eugenia

Registered
I want to ask my family to send me some of my clothes from the US. What is the quickest, most reliable way to get a few of my needed items here?

There is no quick/easy way. More than likely it will get stuck in customs and you'll have to pay a large amount to get it out. Probably more than the items are worth. Bienvendios a Argentina. :-(

They might consider you an importer, in which case, you'll have to pay the aduana fee, and fill out form 4550 version 100 on the Afip webpage, and present a declaracion jurada. It happened to me, and it wasn't worth all the trouble. However, if a family member with the same last name as you mails you a package with used items, you shouldn't have a problem picking it up at Correo Argentina.

the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way is to find someone who is flying down who will bring it in checked luggage.

There are people who receive packages because they do not have another alternative. In any case it is not going to be fast and safe. The content of the package should not contain clothes of different sizes, or look like new clothes, or you might be charged a fee that is much more than the price of the content.

Pay an air freight forwarder. They bribe customs and there is no duty or waiting. It is expensive , but oh so easy. Welcome to Argentina , where the only way to get anything done is with cold hard cash. Corruption , it what Argentina is made of.

Pay an air freight forwarder. They bribe customs and there is no duty or waiting. It is expensive , but oh so easy. Welcome to Argentina , where the only way to get anything done is with cold hard cash. Corruption , it what Argentina is made of.
How does that work? Do you tell them where to buy the product (say Amazon) and they buy it? What is their cut? 30%, 50% of the purchase price? Do you pay on delivery? Where do you pick it up?

You all confirmed what I thought :( I can do without most of what I left until I make a trip back. The only thing I was really wanting to get here was my evening wear. First world problems lol

Back