Shipping my personal laptop to Buenos Aires

paolo_noodles

Registered
Hola chicos!

I am traveling in South America and I will be in Buenos Aires for a few months.

Unfortunately I didn't bring my laptop with me and I would like to ship it to BA from Europe, so I can do some work from there. A friend of mine can do it for me using some express delivery with DHL, UPS or whatever....

First, would it possible or I will have problems with the custom? I have the original invoice (2013)

Second, would it be safe to do?

Ahahah I am Italian I think we have a lot in common! I ll try to find another way if you guys really think is not possible.

What if I deliver to another country? Would be easier? Bolivia or Uruguay, since I am traveling I can go there and pick it up before going to BA

Ahahah I am Italian
So is Argentina.

I think we have a lot in common!
Yes.

What if I deliver to another country? Would be easier? Bolivia or Uruguay, since I am traveling I can go there and pick it up before going to BA

I would suggest serious homework to ensure that the situation there does not resemble that of here.
My hunch would be that Chile would be a far easier option in this respect than Bolivia. Also much better options for getting there/back.

È arrivato quello che si crede più furbo di tutti.

I subscribe what others have said. Do not ship any electronics to Argentina. Full stop. Have a friend bring it over or buy a new one here and resell it before leaving.
As for neighboring countries, the price to ship the notebook and go collect it abroad would be near the price of purchasing a new one. There are good deals on used laptops worth considering.

I might already know the answer but just in case... This is not a new laptop. It's my personal 5y old laptop. Does it change anything?

Back