Shipping original artwork to the U.S.

French jurist said:
Damn I sold it... But glad also it's with you now ;)

She's so happy with us now, she shines..it was fate my darling..thank you for letting us enjoy her beauty and bring a little piece of Argentina to Spain!

If you do try to mail the paintings in a tube from Retiro be sure the person inspecting the package has the authority (as an official of the aduana) to OK such a shipment.

I think this legislation is far too restrictive & ineffective.

Such restrictions occur in many countries, but with minimum value levels (like in France), in order to target the important works of art (with the proper sanctions if things are not done properly).

Here, by banning everything, it won't impede someone to export anything of value (due to the lesser enforcement than in the US or Europe) while the common guy trying to export something that is not interesting will pay the price in terms of time&money.

It's important that Argentina protects the important artworks, yes (one of the most prestigious collection of Modiglianis is in Argentina, there's a Saint-Exupéry manuscript "sleeping" in Argentina among many interesting things here) but this method is not efficient I'm afraid (some manuscripts sold in a London auction a few years ago...).

Ok. Now I have a question. Do you really have to have a certificate for every painting even if they are just stuff you did? I have some painting I did and I wouldn't exactly call them art. Please don't tell me I will need a certificate to get them out.

*I'm in now way comparing myself with the OP as I'm sure I have not talent what so ever. I just don't want to throw them away. :(

I should have finished reading the thread first:
fifs2 said:
She's so happy with us now, she shines..it was fate my darling..thank you for letting us enjoy her beauty and bring a little piece of Argentina to Spain!

Spain? When did that happen? I've been away from BAExpats too long. Bon voyage seems a bit belated! LOL. What part of Spain? We will be in Madrid & BCN in April.

French jurist said:
It's important that Argentina protects the important artworks, yes (one of the most prestigious collection of Modiglianis is in Argentina,

FJ, Where are the Modigilianis?

mini said:
Ok. Now I have a question. Do you really have to have a certificate for every painting even if they are just stuff you did? I have some painting I did and I wouldn't exactly call them art. Please don't tell me I will need a certificate to get them out.

*I'm in now way comparing myself with the OP as I'm sure I have not talent what so ever. I just don't want to throw them away. :(

Je te dirai quand vous viendrez déjeuner...

French jurist said:
Soon in my house :eek:

Don't tell me that! He's my favorite artist, ever!
(Well, as of late. My favorite changes sometimes. :))

Back