Shipping Pets Requires A Private Company? Is This True?

As most responses mentioned, it depends entirely on the airlines.

In my case, I will be flying with Qatar Airways (South America to Asia) with my 1 year old cat. They do not require any private companies to do the logistics. All they require is that the animal has the valid health certifications from the local authorities, fulfil the requirements of the regulations of the country you're flying to (ie the health certifications or if your pet requires a microchip, etc), have a big enough carrier (details on their website) and also pay the excess luggage (since pets - with exception of falcons and service dogs - are not allowed in the cabin). The Qatar Airways website also mentioned that if you are transiting in Doha, their ground staff will look after the pet (walk it, check for stress or sickness, make sure their food and water is refilled, etc).

When I talked to the Qatar office in Buenos Aires, they also require that I call them 3 days prior to the flight to reserve the space in the cargo of the plane. I know the travel time is over a day, but I am not worried since I know that someone else has travelled the same route with a cat a few years back and everything was fine.

Ive flown Delta And united with my Pomeranian under my seat within the last six months. Just need the paperwork and a small enough carrier that it will go order the seat.

Is Delta allowing in-cabin pets now? The few times we looked into it before, they told us not allowed. That's the main reason we are using United now, but would definitely switch to Delta if we can do in-cabin.

Delta has been allowing under seat pets for years, just not in first or business class. Perhaps that was the problem you had? If you don't mind flying coach, each passenger can take one animal under the seat on Delta or United, along as you have completed the proper SENASA or USDA forms.

Back