Shipping Things Back Home?

SpencerH

Registered
I have been here for three years now and have collected many things in this time (clothes, books, posters, you name it..) I am now in the process of relocating to the States was wondering if anyone know the best service to ship my things on ahead of me. It would be too much to put in suitcases and besides I am going to be doing some backpacking in various places before I arrive in the States. Is Correo Argentino good? What other alternatives are there?

fedex & ups are good but very expensive.
try something like Lan Cargo, perhaps it will be on time and good price

I've moved internationally 8 times in the past 10 years. The first couple of times I took everything with me. What a PIA! The last time I moved I sold everything on Craigslist and showed up at the airport with the stuff I REALLY wanted in a backpack and 2 carry-on bags.

Liberate ... Get rid of your stuff... Take what fits in your backpack ... Enjoy your freedom

Shipping by Correo Argentino is good. Make sure you send it Certificado. Certified First Class. You get a Track and Trace number.
I do a lot of shipping & I've never lost anything. If it weighs more than 2 kilos (4.4 Pounds) You have to go to the main P.O. across the street from the Retiro Bus depot.
The regular P.O. will not accept anything over 2 Kilos. If you take the package to the Retiro P.O. it has to be open, the Postmaster there has to see what's inside.
You'll have top fill out some custom declaration papers. Couple of weeks ago I had to ship a bunch of old records to the U.S. It weigh 2.6 Kilos. Cost in pesos $304.00.
They also have a size limit as to what you can ship abroad. You can buy an official Correo Argentino Box at most P.O.
Good luck.

From www.lancargo.com

Argentina / Buenos Aires
Lan Cargo, Av. Rafael Obligado y Salguero s/n, Complejo Costa Salguero # 1425, B. Aires, Argentina
International : +54 - 11 - 4808 - 1500
From Argentina 0 - 810 - 333 - 5262
Fax +54-11-4480-7769
Email: [email protected]

I have been here for three years now and have collected many things in this time (clothes, books, posters, you name it..) I am now in the process of relocating to the States was wondering if anyone know the best service to ship my things on ahead of me. It would be too much to put in suitcases and besides I am going to be doing some backpacking in various places before I arrive in the States. Is Correo Argentino good? What other alternatives are there?

Hey Spencer, I am basically in the same situation as you (heading to the US and backpacking up), what did you end up doing shipping wise??? Any tips etc would help me out a lot! Thanks!

Back