Shock at the Supermarket

I used to fly to the States, pick up a couple of iPads, Laptops, some cameras, and a bag full of Gap sweatshirts to bring back and sell to friends and aquaintences. My list is now: side of beef, 2 rounds of chedder sharp, and a case of vodka!

steveinbsas said:
So far this thread has been very general. Can anyone cite some specific price increases on basic items like butter, bread, or beer?

200 grms of butter here is about 8 pesos. A 970 cm3 liter bottle of Quilmes BOCK just hit 12 pesos, but pan de campo frances is still only $1.50 per loaf (and it's very good).

Not disagreeing at all thats proces are crazy here but I bought 970 cm3 Quilmes Stout last night for $6.50. The better Imperial stout is $8.50

erian said:
Not disagreeing at all thats proces are crazy here but I bought 970 cm3 Quilmes Stout last night for $6.50. The better Imperial stout is $8.50

Thats a good price its up to 8.00 pesos in Coto

Buy a few before it goes up !!

Watch where you shop.There are immense differences at the moment . On Thurs we went to Coto. Campo Austral Salami at 146 pesos a kilo.same salami at Walmart 86 . Queso Gouda La Paulina 59 pesos a kilo at Walmart and at Carrefour 74.
And for a real treat queso de Tandil Don Atilio at a local fiamberia or Avicar at 65 pesos a kilo .Similar to mild cheddar .

Back