Short-term mobile phone contract

vfbstuttgart

Registered
Hello,

I will be moving to BA for 3 months and I would like to know if anybody knows if its possible to sign a mobile phone contract for only 3 months?
I could just get a prepaied card, however, I need to have all the Blackberry features like emails, messenger,etc...

For ideas and/or suggestions I will be very happy!

Thanks,
Ben

Nope... at least for me, the minimum is 2 years with Claro with the 'abono' unlmited data plans. I have to pay a fine of 275 pesos when i leave for only having it for 8 months... but that is really worth it to have a functioning blackberry for 8 months. Plus the plans are very cheap; they have 200 minute plans for 120/pesos a month unlimited data (just checked US Verizon and it is over $100US a month now yikes).
You also will need to have a DNI to get this type of plan (or use some you trust's DNI). I am only familiar with my own Claro situation so perhaps other phone companies have buy-as-you-go data plans.

Movistar with a prepaid Tarjeta offers internet connection, of 1 Giga of Data for 2 days for $5 pesos, since I use small amounts of data, sometimes the connection lasts for more than 5 days....? Personal offers a similar service for $1 peso per day.

For Movistar internet connection send message to 2345 with text DATA to receive service for $5 pesos.

I successfully cancelled a Movistar BB contract after 3.5 months usage last november. Had to pay a small fee though - I think it was abt 250 ARS. Before signing the contract I made sure this option existed and I used my own device. DNI is required.

vfbstuttgart said:
Hello,

I will be moving to BA for 3 months and I would like to know if anybody knows if its possible to sign a mobile phone contract for only 3 months?
I could just get a prepaied card, however, I need to have all the Blackberry features like emails, messenger,etc...

For ideas and/or suggestions I will be very happy!

Thanks,
Ben
hi ben, bist du aus deutschland? fussball?
i have a chip with personal, they offer a 1peso a day internet service, works pretty good and its prepaid (prepago) all you need is a sim card unlocked phone and go to the best personal office on leandro alem y ricardo rojas , bring your passport and then you have to buy some credit and off you go, easy peasy! the chip was 10 peso ( 2 euro), branch manager speaks english! ;)

do you get micro sim "prepago" cards these days for iphone?

Back