short visit in June

Arizona Guy

Registered
Hi, this is my first post here. I lived in BA for 2 years back in the late 70's. Fell in love with the place and have returned 3 or 4 times for short visits. I'm coming again with my wife in June. This will be our first time since the Reciprocity fee went into effect, so we are going to be stuck with the $140 charge each. I am hoping to offset this cost by bringing some electronics down to sell. I would appreciate any hints as to what would be the best things to bring and tips on how to get them sold.

I was thinking maybe an I-pad, I-phone, or laptop...something like that. My wife and I could each bring one item in...I don't want to bring several items down and risk having to pay a tax on them. Any advice would be appreciated.

there is a new website called Mule Pool where people post what they want brought to them and say how much they would pay for it. you might not get as much money if you did it directly with an Argentine, but it is a safe option. http://www.themulepool.com/

after you get here you can also check out mercado libre (www.mercadolibre.com) and see if anyone is interested.

murvee said:
there is a new website called Mule Pool where people post what they want brought to them and say how much they would pay for it. you might not get as much money if you did it directly with an Argentine, but it is a safe option. http://www.themulepool.com/

Thanks for the info...that is an interesting concept.

Hi Arizona guy. Any cutting edge technology will be easily sold here. Mac products are desirable, as are the latest i-pads and i-phones. You can expect to make a profit on what you paid for sure (new electronics here are usually sold at 150% to 200% their original value in the States), if you just want to sell it outright and not "mule".

I don't recommend trying to sell on Mercado Libre (ebay in Latin America) without having a stellar reputation. Many people think it will be easy to sell this way, but it is in fact not so easy without having acquired a prior repuation as a seller. Mulepool or networking is probably the best way to sell these items. But don't bring large quantities and try not to bring the boxes. The boxes indicate "resale" and that is frowned upon by customs in Ezeiza.

Back