Shortages: How are you being affected?

sergio

Registered
Are you being affected by shortages? Supermarket? Pharmacy? A dentist told me he can't get supplies he needs. Your experiences?

The only thing I noticed is that if I need any spares for the car, they have to be imported, and they take up to 6 months to arrive (plus they're extremely expensive). Other than that, for normal day to day stuff I haven't noticed anything, but most of our consumption is of local goods and services anyway.

Before going to the US a few months ago, I casually mentioned my trip to my dentist, who then asked me ("sin compromiso" ;)) if I could bring her back a special headset for magnifying purposes, as she needed it for work and simply could not get it. How was I going to say no to the woman who puts sharp objects in my mouth?

Now more than ever, however, it seems that I have to keep my upcoming visits on the DL; I've had a student ask me to bring back sneakers (as she has abnormally large feet), a friend's father ask me for an Apple computer (because, it's... an Apple computer?), etc. :rolleyes: Granted, this happened before, but now it's past ridiculous. And good news apparently travels fast.

In all seriousness, though, when medical professionals can't do their jobs, that's downright alarming.

The only thing I noticed is that if I need any spares for the car, they have to be imported, and they take up to 6 months to arrive (plus they're extremely expensive). Other than that, for normal day to day stuff I haven't noticed anything, but most of our consumption is of local goods and services anyway.
if the parts needed are part of an insurance claim - insurance companies have to payout destruction total in a lot of cases, just because the parts cant be got.

Oooh, tell us more about that, please. Did it all go well? How long was the wait? Was there burdensome paperwork?
My purchase is on the way from Miami. All done via their website plus some text help through Whatsapp. Not an easy process for non-tech guy me but not impossible. There is still more to do once the shipment arrives. I'll let you know how it finishes.

Back