Should you renew residency before applying for citizenship at year 2?

I can't wait to hear Red's take on this. And he will be right.
Let me clarify and say "in my situation" it's the only thing I can really do. Register with afip and then do that and make a few hundred bucks or whatever per month. Aside from getting an actual job I see nothing that will work.

Argentina has a long tradition rejecting extradition of desertor of the military service during World Wars.
Argentina is immune to world wars. It produce 10 times more food that is needed. It produce almost everything is needed, something very important if International commerce collapse.
Millions of people has found refugee in Argentina as citizens.
To have a US or EU passport if you are in age of fighting is not an advantage.

By your standards, the US passport isn't even a tier 1 passport because it doesn't provide work rights in many countries. I'm only basing it off of countries you can enter visa free or visa on arrival. With that criteria the Arg passport is top 20 in the world. And the Mercosur access to live and work is a very nice benefit. The simple fact is that most Americans don't have lineage outside of the US that could get them into Europe.

Well, this is just my opinion, but I would consider the US a tier 1 passport because it gives you working rights in the US. Regardless of whether you want to live there, the ability to work in a first-world country is a huge safety net that people who just hold an Argentine passport simply don't have.

As for visa-free travel, I agree it's a top-20 passport. But if you already hold a US passport, it doesn't really make a difference.

Back