Show Me The Money

It may no longer be present, but if you do want speedy official dollar transactions there used to be a Banco Piano office in the Sheraton hotel in the lobby that never had queues.
May be gone pending a return though.

Gone... after lobby remodel . Sheraton Retiro

So we can go to ATM and get dollars now for almost same rate as dolar blue?

I'm beginning to wonder how relevant the blue dollar is anymore.

Since the blue reflects inflation - 40% give or take - it will remain relevant as long as the govt here prevents the official rate from adjusting as inflation continues.

For me it's like this:

Official rate: Go to bank, wait for an hour
Blue rate: Go to cueva, wait 30 seconds

Go to Uruguay, wait a couple hours each way.... the cost/benefit ratio is getting closer, at least. I'm almost willing to pay the premium for skipping the line.

I'm beginning to wonder how relevant the blue dollar is anymore.

Something ain't right because if it were, there would be no blue dollar. I'm not sure why my cueva is willing to pay more for my buck than an exchange house, but the only reasonable explanation is that the $2M exchange limit isn't kicking in yet, and/or the gov't doesn't have enough dollars to cover the current withdrawals and they're sweeping it under the mat. In either case -- don't look forward to the day when we don't have an edge on the exchange. That's the day a beer in a decent bar in this town will cost as much as in New York.

Something ain't right because if it were, there would be no blue dollar. I'm not sure why my cueva is willing to pay more for my buck than an exchange house, but the only reasonable explanation is that the $2M exchange limit isn't kicking in yet, and/or the gov't doesn't have enough dollars to cover the current withdrawals and they're sweeping it under the mat. In either case -- don't look forward to the day when we don't have an edge on the exchange. That's the day a beer in a decent bar in this town will cost as much as in New York.

Sorry if im not getting this right. Have some family coming over for christmas... should I advice them to bring dollars anyway and then we change in some cueva, or can they just withdraw from a cash machine with the foreign card to almost the same price or just pay with card?

Back