Shower Filter from the US

Thanks Ries. It sounds like you are at least handy enough to install a shower filter sin problema!! Please pm me if you might be interested in giving me a hand in December. I am a good cook.

And, for those of you who are wondering about what a shower filter is (there is this thing called The Internet) it 's a filter that works like a filter for a kitchen faucet. It reduces the amount of things like chlorine and sulphur and in the water. So the water is much easier on your skin and hair. There are several brands out there, here's a link for one of the them, http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-ISH-...YRWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318804127&sr=8-1.

And, yes, I'm sure shower filters exist here, but if I can pay $20 for a shower filter from the US, I'd rather do that.

the shower filter you posted a link to doesnt really even need a wrench!

Of course, in most cases, you would need a pipe wrench- but a decent pair of slip joint pliers would probably work just as well.

Thats a five minute job with a ten dollar tool, at most. Anybody could do it.

Most small neighborhood plumbing supply stores are actually very knowledgeable about who is a good, cheap plumber- in fact, if you just hang around in one for ten minutes or so, a few plumbers will come right in to buy stuff, and you can hire one for fifty pesos to install one of these for you.
In my neighborhood, there are three plumbing supply places within a few blocks.

I am pretty sure that every local plumbing supply store will ALSO carry Filtro Purificador De Agua / Ducha.
Probably a bit more than Amazon, but hey, you are in Argentina.
On mercado libre, they run around $144 pesos.

Aquabell is a pretty common local brand- but I am sure there are others.
Go to your local store, ask the guys, they will have em or can get em, then ask em who can install for you. Its a great way to practice practical spanish.

Cool, btw they have culligans here they should have these softners.

Re the bidet thing, 10 minutes after my last post I watched Cars 2 and there was a hilarious scene of a bidet in a bathroom in Japan. Too funny.

I should probably start a new thread but this question sort of fits in and won't stand out. I am born and raised in the US and even though I have traveled a lot, I have never used a bidet. In fact, I do not know how to use one. I am not being facetious here. How does one use a bidet? Do you wipe first? Or do you get up off the toilet and carefully scoot over to the bidet? The bidets I've seen don't see to have a flushing mechanism. Do you leave guest towels for guests to use after the bidet? Or do you then use toilet paper? You get the gist of this question.

Nancy insits I sign this so you won't think it came from her.

Tom

I also do not know so I use the one in the seat...that one dries as well ;)
Anyhow, the regular ones I use to wash my feet and my son loves to play with the water in it plus it makes a great way to let the dogs drink, like a fountain.

The idea of moving from the toilet to the bidet back and forth seems odd and uncomfortable, plus all the handles are in the back and you may use too hot or too cold water and that won't be so much fun I would guess.
Once I started it to wash my feet but I couldn't close it and very quickly I had a flood! I think it was installed in reverse so instead of turning the faucet off it was at the maximum and by the time I notices I had a flood going to the hallway

Back