Signing a rental contract from out of province ?

PaulBee

Registered
My tenant´s lease expired November 21. From what I understand, she asked my property manager
for a 3 month extension, as this is not a convenient time to move. She is currently in another
province at her holiday property. As I understand, no money has yet been paid for this extension.

In Argentina, is it not possible to sign the contract and send the money from another province ?
I don´t like delaying, as I´ve ended up with the short end of the stick before.
My property manager tells me not to worry about it, but I am.

Thanks in advance for any info !

In Argentina, is it not possible to sign the contract and send the money from another province ?
The tenant can certainly do a bank transfer which is very common. People can do to pay everything and it is instant. Every bank and financial account has a CBU/CVU long number, or now To make it easier the bank also assigns a unique 3-word alias like one.two.threebank which is easier than telling people the cbu. For example, My local veggie stand has their “Alias” printed on the counter as an option to pay. people without a bank account can use rapipago, MercadoPago, pagofacil to send to a CBU which is maybe a bit more of a hassle. 15 years ago I often used the ATM at any bank to feed it cash to send to the landlords CBU without needing an ATM card.

for signing a contract there is Docusign In the country. I did just recently with an Argentina financial institution to avoid going to the physical location. Not sure if your property manager or many real estate agents are doing that yet, but they should.

Last edited:
The tenant can certainly do a bank transfer which is very common. People can do to pay everything and it is instant. Every bank and financial account has a CBU/CVU long number, or now To make it easier the bank also assigns a unique 3-word alias like one.two.threebank which is easier than telling people the cbu. For example, My local veggie stand has their “Alias” printed on the counter as an option to pay. people without a bank account can use rapipago, MercadoPago, pagofacil to send to a CBU which is maybe a bit more of a hassle. 15 years ago I often used the ATM at any bank to feed it cash to send to the landlords CBU without needing an ATM card.

for signing a contract there is Docusign In the country. I did just recently with an Argentina financial institution to avoid going to the physical location. Not sure if your property manager or many real estate agents are doing that yet, but they should.
Thanks so much for that info ! Even if they can´t do docusign, my property manager can courier the documents to the prospective renter and she can courier them back after she signs them. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for that info !
Not completely confident in how I transfered to my landlords CBU via ATM machine all those years ago. It is a vague memory. Banks do have ATM-like machines for doing those type of simple transactions. I am not sure if a payment between different banks is possible.

Back