Sit Tight...Your Dollar is About To Go ALOT Further!

kurtdillard said:
Can we vote rude and inflexible ignoramus' off the island? How?

Guys you know at least Lucas is a positive if not idealistic perosn who wants the best for his country and many of us arent much better. Who can forget the yes we can student glass eyed mob for Obama and the hope in the UK that Cameron and Clegg with a unique coalition would be a voice for the people and the middle classes alike. I personally being Irish/British don't have much good to say about law&order, economic or international policies in my own country and all thatis good is legacy that could quickly erode into developing country status unless someone takes the reins. Argentina has has bloody awful times and has remarkable growth that is the envy of the world (ok forget inflation and dubious stats, it's still growing) whilst the country I hail from is the joke of Europe or as may father put it last night the Alcatraz of Europe where the rest of Europe happily dump the Eurotrash who want to claim benefits and steal for a living..Great Britain - an empire. Please don't make me laugh. Too sad.

I think the analogy of America's doe eyed youth during the "yes we can phase" and many Argentine's today is an excellent one. People who've lived through disillusioning times who want to believe in a leader so badly....

I never had idols and leaders

@ffs2 Speaking of Cameron and me being also British (well, naturalized), I very much hated him ever since

Patriotism and worshipping leaders are dangerous!

I agree with elclandestino. What smart child follows leaders without question? Bright kids are inquisitive, most rebellious or at least question authority. Hitler youth and members of Mao's teen squads do not come across as too clever in retrospect.

I think that Lucas is not naive, he knows very well what the PJ end game is: Steal enough for the crown to get to keep your own percentage by obtaining de facto immunity from prosecution via political connections.

Until the legal system in Argentina is cleaned up totally nothing will change here.

Being natively from a country as corrupt as Argentina, I can say only one thing! Nothing could be done without a working legal system in place and persecuting everyone involved with previous regimes!

I was raised sorta parallel on both sides of Iron Curtain. On top lived and traveled in any system you can imagine. Lived briefly in Gaddafi's Libya too several years ago! Been to places like Iraq, Belarus, Uzbekistan, etc.

Official politics and who's in power are absolutely irrelevant! Did US change for better under Obama? No, it didn't! What matters is social and economical system, society's values, etc.

Argentina has a bad past of Peronists and militants haunting it!

Personality cults are very much of a 3rd world trait!

Top guys are all about getting richer. They couldn't care less about you or me

All I want is a personal sovereign with as little government's hand in my affairs

America experienced boom after sorting out its property laws and by industrialists not career politicians taking on important roles

During the Ottoman Empire you were free to do whatever you want, go wherever you want, go to any church/mosque/synagogue... As long as the Sultan gets paid in taxes

Argentines go after most charismatic type who can talk the talk, not walk the walk. They are not only. America has been run mostly by series of morons, while a guy like Ron Paul can't get 200-300 people at his conventions

Hard work, education and enterprise are the key. While most of EU is about to collapse, Germany gets stronger and stronger

Back